My daughter is 8 years old and lives with my husband and I and her younger brother and has for about 5 1/2 years now. We have supported her without any help from her biological father. He took off to NY after we split up when she was 3 1/2. When she was 4 I took him to mediation to try to establish a relationship between the 2 of them. I was going to agree to let him have her every weekend, not ask for any child support, and my husband and I were going to pay for her insurance and medical bills. Her biological father was uncooperative and this was not good enough for him and he let the case go and it was eventually dismissed. He has been in and out of jail for drug possession and other various crimes and now 5 years later after no contact and no attempt to see his daughter, he is trying to take me now to mediation for visitation. What I am trying to ask is, isn't there any kind of abandonment law in Florida? He broke her heart once and I am so afraid that he will do it again. Please help.