Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    white1403's Avatar
    white1403 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Me and my spouse are separated and he has the vehicle but it is in my name we are still making payments. Is it a way to have the contract put in his name?
    RickJ's Avatar
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

    Jan 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
    Yes, but both he - and the lender - would have to agree with it.

    If he agrees, then contact the lender about how to initiate the process (which will involve their running his credit to confirm they'd approve him for a loan of the amount of the balance.)
    mr.yet's Avatar
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

    Jan 10, 2006, 10:32 AM
    You will also have to notify, insurance company, Department of Motor Vehicles to change regeistration, to have your name removed and place in his name only. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Contract for deed [ 3 Answers ]

Selling and wondering what steps to take over and above my realtor? Thanks

Contract for Deed again [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand. We own 20 acres. There is another 20 acres next to us that our neighbor wants to sell. They are asking way more than the value. So we did some research and found out that it is a contract for deed. We contacted who the deed is with and he said he will sell the property to us...

Contract for deed [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to stop the person who is living on the property from selling it. We are buying it from the deed holder, but he says they can sell it out from under us so to speak.

View more questions Search