Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Programs won't work.
    Nothing that I download will work on my laptop...

Not even FIREFOX. I've tried setting my firewall to allow it, and that didn't work. Does anyone have any other ideas.

And no worries, this is not to run an illegal programs.

I want to run Trillian and Firefox, but this is not working.. :confused:
    humble48 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Honestly man, it sounds like you have spy ware of some sort. If you cannot install software on your computer, then you have something blocking it. Virus scanners don't do that. They just prevent things from running, not from installing.

You need to run a spyware program like Adware or Spybot. I recommend Spybot because it doesn't want to drive money out of you. Clean the PC. Most importantly, let Spybot run in SafeMode. It cleans even more than expected. After that, you'll probably be able to install whatever you want.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 10, 2007, 11:07 PM
    They just prevent things from running, not from installing.

I said that the things that I have DOWNLOADED aren't running...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

Programs didn't come [ 4 Answers ]

When my computer was sent out for repair, it went through the "System Recovery" process. When it came back, it didn't have many programs (it had Quicken, random games, etc. but not much else). I put in the Applications Recovery CD & it added a few more programs (i.e. Adobe Acrobat, Windows Media...

Programs [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a free download that will help me find all the programs on my computer and remove the old, duplicate, or unused ones safely

Hidden programs in xp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can any one tell me all the hidden programs in xp and how ro use these programs plzzzzz

Social Work-Child Residence Programs-Role of Fathe [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is an MSW and is the Residence Manager at a home for troubled children. The programs she manages within the residential setting are: Residential Treatment, Family Therapy, Parent Group, Continuing Service (after the child leaves the residence), School Advocacy and Psychiatric...

View more questions Search