Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    luciegoosie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2009, 05:52 PM
    Salem Possessed
    I am supposed to be reading a book called Salem Possessed by Paul Boyer and Stephen Nissenbaum for this class I am taking. The Problem is it's an extremely boring book to read. I was wondering if anyone knew of an online site that has recordings of books. It'd be a fantastic help. Thanks in advace.
    Lucas2009 Posts: 129, Reputation: 21

Jul 8, 2009, 07:40 AM
    You might be out of luck here. I checked all the sites I know of and could find no Cliff's notes, or Spark's notes on this book. I could find no breakdowns or recordings. All I could find were book reviews and descriptions. However, someone who was clever, could read all the reviews and descriptions and piece together a pretty good book report and or term paper. Now, I would never recommend that anyone do this of course, but I am just saying that... it could be done easily. Simple go to one site, read a description, then go to another site and read reviews from people who have already read the book. Then combine their info with what you yourself have already read, and maybe skim the rest of the book for more details.

Amazon.com: Salem Possessed: The Social Origins of Witchcraft: Paul Boyer, Stephen Nissenbaum: Books

Review of Salem Possessed

Or you could just read the damn thing. I think its only 250 pages or so. Good luck.
    luciegoosie Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2009, 03:47 PM

Lol xD
    I have started reading it so I think I'll just read the whole thing. XD
    And The review actually helped me understand the book a bit better.
    Thanks A Ton!
    -Lucie!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2009, 04:11 PM

It's only 231 pages! I checked WorldCat. You're correct; there are no recordings of it. In fact, it's probably out of print with a 1974 copyright (haven't checked Amazon to see if they sell it).

I suggest you skip around and read chapters out of order. It really doesn't look that bad:

Salem possessed : the social origins of witchcraft
    Prologue: What happened in 1692 -- 1692 : some new perspectives -- In quest of community, 1639-1687 -- Afflicted village, 1688-1697 -- Salem Town and Salem Village : the dynamics of factional conflict -- Two families : the Porters and the Putnams -- Joseph and his brothers : a story of the Putnam family -- Samuel Parris : a pilgrim in Bethlehem -- Witchcraft and social identity -- Epilogue: To the eighteenth century.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I possessed? [ 9 Answers ]

It's been two months now since I've heard, seen and felt a spirit in my home. It doesn't scare me, I talk to it from time to time. It's just letting me know that it's around. I call it an 'it' because I don't know the gender of this spirit. But it could possibly be a male because it tried to hurt...

Salem Witch trials [ 1 Answers ]

In school we are leaning about the salem witch trials and I got a paper to write about I NEED HELP! :eek: Anyone know any thing about the salem witch trials :D

Possessed light on fan [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old Hampton Bay fan has recently been experiencing spooky behavior. For no apparent reason, the lights will come on, without us touching anything. At first they would come on the brightest (they are on a dimmer, by remote.) but now they come on only on the dimmest setting. It happens...

View more questions Search