Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    cissylb's Avatar
    cissylb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Nov 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
    School Transcripts
    How do I find my Nursing School transcripts from Kentucky, when the school has been closed since 1984 and I haven't lived there since 1980.
    shygrneyzs's Avatar
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

    Nov 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
    To obtain a transcript from a school that has closed, contact the school's own state department of education. The transcripts themselves may be located at the department, or they may be maintained by another (open) school.

    The U.S. Department of Education maintains a list of state licensing agencies (see below). These should be contacted for transcript information. If the agency does not have them, they should be able to direct you to whomever does. Or check the Department's search engine for mailing addresses:

    In compliance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, which controls access to student records, organizations must have a written request from the student before copies of records can be issued. Official school transcript request forms signed by the student or personal letters of request are generally acceptable. A photo-copy of a student's signature will not be accepted. Generally, no requests for transcripts
    Will be accepted by telephone, fax, or e-mail. When requesting, include the name of the school or college attended and the city/state in which it was located, the full name of the student as it appears in the student files, social security number, date of birth, dates of attendance, course of study, and the address to which the transcript should be mailed. Most require a fee, but that cost is determined by the organization.

    Go to U.S. Department of Education for most up to date list

    Kentucky 502-564-4233 502-564-4262 502-573-1555

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College transcripts [ 4 Answers ]

Where do transcripts end up if a college closes down?

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

How do I get a copy of my transcripts if the school has closed? [ 5 Answers ]

I can not find the school anymore and need to get copies of my transcripts for my current college to get credits for my past classes. How do I get these records if the school shut its doors? Is there a government organization that can help me? Who do I call? I am really frustrated.:confused:

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

Transferring without Transcripts [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking into the possibility of transferring to another school. However, I am still paying off the last college I attended, and therefore cannot get my transcripts. Would it be possible for me to transfer to another college without sending transcripts? My friends think that I could do it,...

View more questions Search