Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robscratcher Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 05:07 AM
    Win XP Media Centre '05 registry stop error
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me. Reacently built my own PC, had everything working fine until I messed with settings for my cpu. Now whenever I try and boot I get the message STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000001, 0xE11B42D0, 0x00AC0200, 0x000001D6) I've tried all the different booting options and even booting of cd and trying all options available there, all of them always lead to the same blue error screen which on some occasions dumps te physical memory. Anyway if anyone could advise me on what to do I'd be very gratefull, hopefully I haven't damaged my processor, thoughif I had would my PC still even try and boot up? Thanks for your time.

rob
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2006, 05:40 AM
    Since Media Center is only sold pre-installed on new PCs how did you get a copy of it if you built your own PC?

Feb 11, 2006, 05:58 AM
    Quite simple really, I bought the new OEM System Builders pack!!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 11, 2006, 06:04 AM
    Have you tried going back into the CMOS/BIOS and resetting EVERYTHING back to defaults ?

Feb 11, 2006, 06:10 AM
    Yeah I have, though thanks for the advice, much better than asking for help and being accused of piracy!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win XP Professional Registry Stop Error [ 20 Answers ]

Hello! I have a problem with Win XP Professional. I believe that I'm getting a registry stop error and the PC can never finish successfully booting up. The problem I'm seeing is it starts looking like it's going to boot up OK. Then it immediately goes into Checkdisk (Msg says "One of your disks...

Windows Registry error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post and I am not very computer literate. I have been getting a lot of error messages so I decided to reinstall windows xp. This erased all my files and everything like I wanted it to. I have the internet back up and working now but I keep having a windows registry error. From...

Windows registry error [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my computer had problems with error popups and trojan popups all the time so I decided to reinstall windows and everything is fine now except I keep getting a windows registry error. I've done this one other time and the Comcast guy set up everything for me and I can't find out how to finish the...

Windows/Registry Error [ 8 Answers ]

I have gotten twice in the last month or so an error message (upon startup) to the effect: Windows had had a problem accessing the registry. It will fix the problem and restart. The only option I'm given is to click OK. Then it says it is restoring an old version of the registry. On restart, I...

Error message windows registry checker [ 6 Answers ]

Each time I switch the computer on I get a message: windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. Windows will restart and repair the system registry for you When I click on OK the system reboots and the same message comes up. I have done a full scan disk and everything there is OK,...

View more questions Search