Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QueenSheba Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2008, 05:41 PM
    need model number of antique sewing machine
    I have a Domestic Rotary sewing machine. It was manufactured by the White Sewing Machine Corp. in Cleveland Ohio. The serial # is 127x8123. I'd like to know the date of manufacture and the model number so I can order a manual for it.

Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 05:53 PM
    White Brand sewing machine manuals for sale

You should be able to match what it looks like to the model number, if not email the person from that web site with a photo of your machine and they should be able to help you.

Also is it a older black unit,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2008, 05:55 PM
    Are you sure that the serial number has an "x" in it? I haven't found any with an "x" in the serial number and I think that the serial numbers have seven numbers. Thanks!

Apr 25, 2008, 06:42 PM
    Well, I went back and look again at the number. There is definitely a character after the first 3 numbers. It really looks like an X.

And yes, it is one of the older black units. It states on the motor that is was patented on October 5, 1927.

thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Some of the old White units ( if memory serves me correct) were replicas of the Singer machines, the reason I say this is the 127 was a standard sewing machine manufactored during those years.

Apr 26, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Thank you for your help.

QueenSheba

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New willard antique sewing machine [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone I need some info on a antique sewing machine called new willard what year it was made was it a treadle machine or came in a cabinet if anyone has a pic that would be even better :)

Antique sewing machine [ 5 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not. I have an old(? ) treadle sewing machine in a fold-away wooden cabinet. It is a "Beaver" sewing machine and I have not been able to find any information on it at all. Can anyone help me with finding out how much it is worth, or where to...

Antique sewing machine [ 9 Answers ]

hello I have an old antique singer sewing machine from the 1800s all orignal, I was just wanting to know if maybe you would know the value of something that old, thankyou:)

Antique sewing machine [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I found a sewing machine my grandmother used to have. I don't know what model or make it is... all the machine says is "Western" on the side of it and it has a plate on the right hand side that says "Model 300" and it has some sort of serial number E658732. Please find a picture enclosed....

View more questions Search