Round Brass L'Angelus Medal

Asked Jan 5, 2018, 03:15 PM 4 Answers
    I have a round brass L'Angelus medal with a design on the outside rim of the circle.

How old is it? Is it vintage? Is brass unusual for medals? I know of silver, gold and plastic medals but do not have brass in my collection of medals.

Hoping to hear an answer. Thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Search this Question
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

#2

Jan 6, 2018, 05:47 AM
    Are you sure it's brass? I'm not.
    Doesn't look very old. You are free to call it vintage. Vintage is a vague and somewhat meaningless word for any object that doesn't qualify to be antique.
    dwashbur's Avatar
    dwashbur Posts: 1,132, Reputation: 173

#3

Jan 6, 2018, 08:27 AM
    The color looks more like bronze than brass.
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,620, Reputation: 1010

#4

Jan 6, 2018, 10:08 AM
    The title would indicate a French design. I would also guess bronze, brass is more yellow. Google "bronze medal l'angelus". Quite a few examples
    joypulv's Avatar
    joypulv Posts: 21,593, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

#5

Jan 6, 2018, 11:20 AM
    I don't think it's brass or bronze. I think it's a cheap pot metal with a bronze color glaze.

How do I fix my 24 foot round pool that is out if round on opposite sides [ 0 Answers ]

My pool is 24 ft round,but is now 24 from side to side,but on other end to end is 2-3 inches wider. Outing allot of stress on liner,and has torn it. Do I need to pull apart wall and fix frame? I've cut foam and added to deeper parts of wall,still seems it may need more adjustments?

How can I get medal from Askmehelpdesk.com? [ 1 Answers ]

Because I wondering to know.

Can I replace swim pool botom rail from 24 ft round with 21 ft round pool rails? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 24 ft round pool & bottom rails R rusted through , Can I use the bottom rails from a 21 ft round pool to replace the bad ones ? Thanks

I want to fill brass between iron slot to joint the brass and iron [ 0 Answers ]

I want to make magchuck ring so I make few slots in iron ring od and want to fill these slots with brass and then I remove the balance iron remain in id then there will be joints of iron and brass as ring.

Looking for the history of a Medal [ 2 Answers ]

I have been given a medal by a friend who says he foud it 25 years ago , the medal bears the words ASLYUM GENETIS BATAVORUM STAD TIEL with a scene of a town ,which I now know to be the town of Tiel in holland ,on one side and the words Awarded by the municipal council of Tiel , plus the Tiel coat...