Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Nathan Eller's Avatar
    Nathan Eller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 21, 2015, 05:52 PM
    Obtaining past employment records
    I need employment verification for a job I had in 2012. The employer says they have no record of me working there even though I received a pay check. How do I go about obtaining documentation showing that I was in fact employed by said business with my rate of pay and employment dates?
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    May 21, 2015, 06:35 PM
    You didn't file tax returns? Your W-2 or 1099 can prove all of that. And for 2012 you better still have those tax records.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,277, Reputation: 7690

    May 21, 2015, 09:01 PM
    Get copies of your income tax, to show employment. Also very strange there is no records ? They should have application, I9, proof of payment, hours worked and more.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674

    May 22, 2015, 12:17 AM
    If he was paid 'under the table' there will not be any record.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    May 22, 2015, 04:27 AM
    Exactly, If he was paid under the table... then he wasn't officially an employee. And if he had a 1099, then he was officially a contractor and not an employee either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining medical reports &records [ 6 Answers ]

After taking an ultrasound of the carotid arteries beg of the month, I expected the Doctor to call with the results. He didn't so I called the office. They never answer The phone, they just say leave your number and a message. I called five days, Once a day for a week. No one called me back...

Obtaining a copy of my bankruptcy records [ 7 Answers ]

How do I obtain a copy of my bankruptcy discharge? I do not have the case number

Medical records release for employment [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, all, I recently had to sign a medical records release form for possible employment. Will my psychiatric records be released as well? I have been told that psych records are an entirely different issue where releases are concerned, but I am worried that a about of depression that I received...

Obtaining a free copy of past taxes [ 4 Answers ]

How can I obtain a copy of last years taxes without paying a fee?

Obtaining maintenance records from Property Owners [ 3 Answers ]

cCan maintenance records be obtained from a property owner without litigation in Florida?:confused:

View more questions Search