Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imsoawsome101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Can I take summer school to skip a grade?
    Well I'm in 5th grade and everything is too easy for me. My grama told me her son (who is a surgeon) used to skip grades. Also I'm doing 6th grade math. I'm willing to take maybe summer school or a online school. I want to skip a grade also because my brother is going to middle school ( my middle school starts at 7th grade), he will have to walk to school and my mom wants some one to be with him.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 7, 2013, 05:13 PM
    You need to talk to a guidance counselor at school. They are the only ones who can answer your question. It may be possible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 10:14 PM
    All schools are different, first it is what your parents want, and how your school system works.

For my son, he has skipped two grades, but he had to have straight A grades, and pass the CAT not only for his grade but for the grade he was going to skip.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 7, 2013, 10:42 PM
    I was in 5th when I began to realize that school was too easy for me too. I was offered a chance to skip 6th and turned it down because I was already the youngest in my class. 6th was even more boring. Good luck - talk to teachers, parents, everyone you can, but be aware of the age difference, that's all.
    PS: I didn't go to challenging schools and sailed right through all 12 grades without having to do much work. I got a full scholarship to a top school - and was dismally unprepared, not just for how hard the material was, but also for studying long hours. I dropped out, but might have flunked out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 8, 2013, 03:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    PS: I didn't go to challenging schools and sailed right through all 12 grades without having to do much work. I got a full scholarship to a top school - and was dismally unprepared, not just for how hard the material was, but also for studying long hours. I dropped out, but might have flunked out.
    I just want to reinforce this point. I was similar. I sailed through elementary and middle schools. Getting into very bad study habits. When I hit High School this started catching up with me. And I didn't do nearly as well as I had previously.

So be very careful about the study habits you develop now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online? [ 10 Answers ]

How can I skip a grade in middle school to go to high school by taking a test online?

Online or summer classes to skip a grade [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the 8th grade going on to 9th and I have never failed a grade. Classes always seem too easy for me and most of the people I hang out with are in 9th grade. What websites can I connect with during the school year or in summer to skip a grade? Can I take them while I'm still going to my...

How can I skip 8th grade and go straight to high school? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I'm in 7th grade now, I am a September baby therefore I could be in 8th grade but I started late. My dad and I have been thinking about moving me up a grade. I'm a straight A student and I'm in advanced classes. Is there any way possible (in Arizona) that I could take online classes...

How can my child skip a grade in middle school [ 1 Answers ]

Our child was held back in 1st grade due to an October birth date. Now he is 12 and an A-B+ student going to 6th grade Aug-24 2010. He is very large compared to his classmates and wants to get involved in sports. It seems that he is in between being too old for most leagues or not in the...

View more questions Search