Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    spena's Avatar
    spena Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 15, 2015, 08:09 AM
    On May 28, 2002 I received my G.E.D. from Home Study Careers. Unfortunately they're out of business and I need a copy and a certificate number for my General High School Education Certificate. Why wasn't anyone notified. Who do I call or write to for my copy certificate. This has become an inconvenience for me to get a job and prove to them that I do have my G.E.D. I'm very upset with this and need assistance as soon as possible.

    Thank You

    Chicago, IL 60622
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,137, Reputation: 10852

    Jan 15, 2015, 08:28 AM
    I can only refer you to your own local department of education, to trace records so old or even find out if indeed this was a state certified institution. Most situations like yours usually result in recertification which requires retaking a GED test/course.

    I guess we know why they went out of business, they didn't do their job properly. You are hardly alone as many are finding out now that many online colleges/HS's are bogus, not saying that's the case with your defunct company, but I can say with a lot of experience that its easier getting recertified with a GED so you can be employed than looking for 14 year old records.

    If any one has those old record, or can point you in the right direction, it's the state/county government.

    To add, seems you were not alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search