Ask
    sheema_1 Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2009, 11:37 PM
    getting enough vitamins :?
    Hey all
    I have a little boy who is 6 going on 7 in July
    His weight varies from 17 kg- 20 kg and stands about 113cm there abouts
    Stand as a twig

He loves pretty much all fruits n veg xcept pea's, corn n will only eat carrots raw.
    He rarely eats meat n I have to constantly ask him to eat his meat at dinner.

I have noticed lately though he bruises really easy I held his upper arm n the nxt day it was a massive bruise... I felt so bad that I had caused such a bad bruise even though I didn't mean it.

could he b lacking some vitamins? Is there anything I can do to get him eating more or suplament his vitamins with?

Starting to worry as he is tiny n get's bullied in skool. =[
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 12:00 AM

If he's bruising really easily, it could be his lack of iron. His lack of getting meat intake could do this. He could also get his protein from milk, if he's doing that.

I used to bruise a lot, but that was because I was just being a kid... falling, bumping, etc.

If you think your child is bruising more than normally, then I suggest he sees his pediatrician.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2009, 06:50 AM

There is no harm in a good children's multi-vitamin anyway. A Flinstones Chewable a day will cover MOST of what a kid's diet lacks. I am not sure if it contains iron or not. Check the label. And it never hurts to call the pediatrician.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What vitamins do I need? [ 10 Answers ]

Can someone give me a list of all the vitamins I should have in a day? Those vitamin packs with 20% of one and 2000% of another makes me nervous. I know there are like one a day pills and stuff, but I'm more interested in kind of making my own mix of everything I need. One a day pills don't give...

Vitamins [ 2 Answers ]

Is it OK to intake more than 5microgram vitamin D3 per day while you trying to conceive and during pregnancy. Because in prenatal, vitamin D3 is 5microgram so does in calcium pills. Please tell me!

Where can I buy this vitamins? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know where can I buy prenatal vitamins??

Vitamins and Trying to conceive! [ 4 Answers ]

We have been trying everything for the past 9 months! I don’t think that it helps that I am borderline underweight. This stinks! I have been trying to eat healthy but gain like 5 lbs. I have been taking Vitamin B. Does anyone know if that is a wrong kind or should I take something else? I am...

Too much vitamins? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have bought a few vitamins, I did not buy the multi because it was not multi for me, so any way the vitamins are(zinc, calcium, A&d, kelp, shark and B complex with C, E and iron) is that crazy? How should I take them? And if this is crazy which ones can I take first till the bottle is...

View more questions Search