Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharmi Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Is it OK to intake more than 5microgram vitamin D3 per day while you trying to conceive and during pregnancy. Because in prenatal, vitamin D3 is 5microgram so does in calcium pills.

Please tell me!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Sharmi,

Thank you for posting your question to AMHD. I have moved your question to a thread of it's own as piggybacking can cause confusion and someone's question may go unanswered.

If you are taking prenatals there should be no reason for you to take an extra calcium supplement.
    sharmi Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Thanks for moved my thread. Well I am in UK and I am taking the pregnacare multivitamins which is not include calcium in their tablet. Its say they cannot include the RDA of calcium in multivitamin pill and suggesting to take calcium separately such as "Osteocare". Sorry for not being clear enough in my first post!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What vitamins do I need? [ 10 Answers ]

Can someone give me a list of all the vitamins I should have in a day? Those vitamin packs with 20% of one and 2000% of another makes me nervous. I know there are like one a day pills and stuff, but I'm more interested in kind of making my own mix of everything I need. One a day pills don't give...

Where can I buy this vitamins? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know where can I buy prenatal vitamins??

Vitamins and Trying to conceive! [ 4 Answers ]

We have been trying everything for the past 9 months! I don’t think that it helps that I am borderline underweight. This stinks! I have been trying to eat healthy but gain like 5 lbs. I have been taking Vitamin B. Does anyone know if that is a wrong kind or should I take something else? I am...

Too much vitamins? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have bought a few vitamins, I did not buy the multi because it was not multi for me, so any way the vitamins are(zinc, calcium, A&d, kelp, shark and B complex with C, E and iron) is that crazy? How should I take them? And if this is crazy which ones can I take first till the bottle is...

When to take vitamins and supplements [ 2 Answers ]

My doctor has recommended that I take a B complex vitamin. When should I take this? With food or without? Any time or evening or morning? Also any recommendation on best time to take calcium with Vitamin D?

View more questions Search