Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spinphoto Posts: 125, Reputation: 7

Jun 10, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Animal protein and dissociation.
    I'm a vegetarian again after being on and off for the past five years and have had years of anxiety issues, looking back the worst of times have been when I was avoiding animal protein. So this time around, I've been veg for about five months and sometimes, I feel dissociated from my body and have major anxiety, so about every two weeks, I eat a steak and feel better the next day... does any one know if there is something (e.i. vitamin) in animal protein that we cannot get from alternative protein? (beans, cheese, hemp hearts etc...)
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I tried to be a vegetarian, but I only made it for two months. [I'm from the old generation when we ate meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner :( ]

If you can't substitute fresh fish for all meat, and try that, I don't know of anything that gives a person the super good protein like meat. I know one isn't a vegan, but... Maybe, once a week a good hearty steak to cover the hemoglobin needs?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

Using protein [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started using Pro Performance Whey Protein. I've been lifting for a while but I've never used a supplement before. I was wondering when is a good time to take this and how many times a day to take it. I don't want to gain a lot of weight, but I heard if you lift consistently and don't...

Protein in Urine [ 1 Answers ]

How serious is protein in urine?

Protein in the urine [ 1 Answers ]

I have type two diabetes. They found some protein in the urine only once. The doctor gave torsemide (a diuretic) I gave up eating red meat. That was two years ago. Since that time: They never found any proteins since then, And I did not qualify For any further studies. I often wonder what...

Too much protein? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been told that because I am weight lifting, I should get at least 1 gram of protein/day so that I can get gains. How much protein should I consume each day if I am 15; 130 lbs; and 20 on the bmi chart?

View more questions Search