Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tedddddyy1321's Avatar
    tedddddyy1321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Feb 20, 2014, 02:32 PM
    I accidentally ate MOLD!
    I was eating a piece of cheesy bread. I didn't even notice mold until I was almost done, as I was about to take the last bite, I saw mold on the inside of the bread! And because I already ate most of my bread I probably ate some of the mold as well because the last few bites did taste funny. Is anything going to happen now that I ate mold? My stomach reaallllyyyyy hurts right now and is grumbling a lot. I'm scared :(
    busymomma2013's Avatar
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20
    Full Member
     
    #2

    Feb 20, 2014, 03:36 PM
    It may cause you to have an upset stomach, but I do not think it is anything to worry about. You probably would have tasted the mold when you were chewing it up, if you did ingest any.

    If you are concerned your best bet would be to contact your local clinic. Good luck!
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 37,760, Reputation: 5426
    Jobs & Parenting Expert
     
    #3

    Feb 20, 2014, 03:46 PM
    My mil who was an RN almost always served us bread with little holes in it (she had pinched off the mold). The bread still tasted funny. When we complained, she'd tell us that penicillin is made from bread mold, so get over it, and it won't kill us. I'm guessing your stomachache is psychosomatic, but if you are truly worried, call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
    tickle's Avatar
    tickle Posts: 23,801, Reputation: 2674
    Expert
     
    #4

    Feb 20, 2014, 04:24 PM
    Wondergirl is correct. The mold won't bother you. You are worrying over nothing !
    Alty's Avatar
    Alty Posts: 28,318, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert
     
    #5

    Feb 20, 2014, 04:37 PM
    There are different types of mold. The mold that's in a home, behind the walls, is very dangerous, and over time (years) can cause many health issues, even death. That mold is dangerous because it's in the air. The type of mold that develops on food is yucky, it may give you a tummy ache, but in order for it to be dangerous to your health, you'd have to eat tons of it.

    Many helpful things, things that protect our health, are actually made from mold. Many things we eat are exposed to mold to make them what they are, certain cheeses being one of them.

    You should be fine. If you really feel ill, see your doctor, but this small intake of mold shouldn't cause any issues.
    Catsmine's Avatar
    Catsmine Posts: 3,827, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert
     
    #6

    Feb 20, 2014, 05:21 PM
    Most bread is made with yeast, which is a mold fungus. All cheese is made by fermenting milk or cream with a mold fungus. Cheesy bread should not cause a whole lot of problems with any type of fungus. It's entirely possible that some leftover yeast was in the bread. It's even possible that a rust fungus started growing on it, but one piece could not support enough fungi to harm you even if it was completely covered.
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member
     
    #7

    Feb 20, 2014, 09:01 PM
    Rest easy. Blue Cheese is full of mold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

I accidentally used 10 developer instead of 40 [ 0 Answers ]

I accidentally used 10 developer instead of 40 for my blond hair, now its brown/green. Can I fix this by re doing it correctly, or will I need to use color oops? Thanks!

Mold--how to treat it and can the walls be painted to discourage mold? [ 2 Answers ]

How do your rid cinderblock walls of mold and can you paint walls afterwards to prevent more mold?

Accidentally purple! [ 4 Answers ]

Well, I bought a hair color that is dark brown, with just a tinge of purple,(called truffle-from Sally's) and it just turned out all purple... I'm not that kind of person that usually is outrageous and I feel like I look little silly, even though people seem to like it. Is there anything I can do...

Landlord will not Clean mold or replace mold covered cabinate in a timely Manner [ 4 Answers ]

We have Mold in our rented house! We had a pipe break under our kitchen sink and the landlord came and fixed that about a month ago, and said he would be back to fix the cabinate under the sink. Well it is now COVERED in mold and its even growing in the drawers. We called and he came and "cleaned"...

Did I take her virginity accidentally? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm a 21 year old male and my girlfriend is 20, I've been with her for 4 months now we both care a lot for one another. Going into the relationship she said she was a virgin and planned an waiting till marriage. I told her I respect that and would honor that. The other night we were getting hot...


View more questions Search