Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Isafjordur Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2010, 11:09 AM
    Swollen Lymph Node in left side of the neck. Could this be a sign of Thyroid cancer?
    I'm a 16 year old male, I've had swollen lymph nodes before but they were worse than they are now and they went away. Right now, my left lymph node is swollen. It doesn't really hurt, but I can feel it's swollen whenever I turn my neck or lay down in bed. As I said it doesn't really hurt, but it's bothering me and now I'm worried. I AM a Hypochondriac, I've self diagnosed myself before with HIV, prostate cancer, a brain tumor, etc.. I was tested for all of them, and all test came back negative. I am taking Zoloft, and it's helping. But whenever spring/summer comes around my Hypochondria gets really bad for some reason. Now I worried about Thyroid cancer. Could one swollen lymph node be a sign of Thyroid cancer? Please Help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 11:35 AM

I believe you need to see a mental health counselor, so for you are worried about this, about ADD, about brain cancer, problems with your ejactulation and more.

Obviously you have a phobia about any and every illness you may hear about.

Also you can't self dizgnose for prostate cancer, tumors and HIV. You can have prostate cancer for some time without ever knowing and even then it may only show up as more fequent urination, ( esp at night)

Please go get the real medical help you need,

Jun 6, 2010, 02:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up, but what about the swollen lymph node? Your sort of ignored the question. I asked my dad if I could a doctor for a medical checkup, and he said "You only need to see the doctor 3-4 years" which is completely wrong, your supposed to see the doctor every year.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 03:13 PM
    No, a swollen lymph node does not mean thyroid cancer.

Jun 6, 2010, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing it could be allergies though? There are a lot of flowers in my yard, plus a dog and four cats. I've never really been allergic to anything I don't think, but I think it may still be an allergy that's causing my swollen lymph node.

Jun 10, 2010, 03:29 PM

Hey guys, I'm glad to say that my lymph node doesn't hurt anymore. With the help of a heating pad, it went away. I'm sorry for posting so many questions lately, I've just been stressed out with finals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen lymph nodes in neck because of thrush [ 1 Answers ]

Dose thursh cause lyphnodes to swell

Swollen lymph node and lump in leg [ 1 Answers ]

OK so my right gland in my neck was swollen since maybe December... that is almost a year... I went to the doctor and she said I was just fighting an infection and then my mom told me that it could permenetly stay swollen at times so I wasn't too concerned about it... however today about ten...

Can barely swallow and neck swollen left hand side [ 8 Answers ]

OK so my throat has been really sore for about a week now But not like a scratchy sort of throat sore you get with a cold It like the action of swallowin hurts like the muscles or whatever you have there. Today my gland on the left hand side of me neck is swollen an I hurts to touch my neck My...

Lymph nodes swollen one side and other on penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi This is my case pretty weird I am sure Before I start I need to tell you I have had blood test STD , HIV and CBC all negative and perfet health , I don't smoke and don't drink, so my blood is kind of pure But, I caught , what I would call a penis bacterial infection (the doctor told me it...

Swollen lymph node [ 8 Answers ]

How do I know I have a swollen lymph node? I have a couple lymph nodes that slightly (very slightly, probably 0.2cm) protrude from my neck, each being no more than 1cm in diameter (1 might 1.5 cm, but no more)? I saw my GP and she said those WERE the lymph nodes and they're supposed to protrude...

View more questions Search