Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aking17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 03:53 PM
    Can't connect to network or internet
    I can't get an ip address on my desktop.
    It is connected to the network that already has 2 laptops connected to it via a router. Both of the laptops are also communicating with the internet via the router which is connected to the modem.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 4, 2006, 04:06 PM
    Is the DHCP in the router allocating enough IP addresses for all the machines connected to it ?
    Is the cable you are using OK ?

ANy error messages?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect a Laptop on a domain to my home network? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a laptop running Win2k on a domain, supplied to me by my company. It uses a VPN to connect to my corporate network. I am able to connect to my wireless router and get to the internet and VPN, but I am unable to access shared resources (folders & printers) on any of the locally WORKGROUP...

Cannot connect 1 of 3 pcs to our network [ 6 Answers ]

2 of our 3 xp router hard wired lan pcs see each other. 1 cannot even ping its own IP even though it connects to the Internet just fine. I've done the typical troubleshooting. It's the newest and strongest PC of the 3.

How do you connect to a T1 network from home? [ 11 Answers ]

If you are eventually going to work from your home for your company, are you able to connect to your companies T1 service from home and if so how do you do this?

How to connect two computers together by a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be in details... My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition.. the other computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room.. my wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and...

View more questions Search