Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdvmax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Connect 2 laptops to wireless without desktop PC
    If this has been answered, forgive me. Just point me to a previous answer to this. My only question is, Can I connect 2 laptops to a wireless router without having a wired desktop available to set up the router? I hope I can use one of the laptops to install the software for the wireless by connecting it to the router and then set up the network and then disconnect that laptop from the router and then just be able to use the 2 laptops in the house wirelessly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 29, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Basically, YES.
    Exactly right.
    jdvmax Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Basically, YES.
    Exactly right.
    Thanks for the reply! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Connect two wireless laptops [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anyway to network two wireless laptops without using a cable so I can use files on the laptop in the study while working in another room?

Broadband desktop connect to laptop wireless [ 1 Answers ]

I want to hook my broadband desktop to my wireless laptop. How do I do it?

Connect two laptops [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I want to connect my two laptops to share files without cable. Both are vista

Connect 2 laptops using IEEE 1394 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, is it possibe to connect/set up a network between 2 laptops (both Compaq nx6115 runng win xp pro) using only an IEEE 1394 cable and no hub etc?? If its possible how??

Is it possible to connect 2 wireless laptops to the router [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I find this wireless connection thing confusing, I have two laptops, one is using an onbourd wireless card whilst the other is using a linksys wpc11 notebook adapter, is it at all possible to wirelessly connect these two laptops straight to the wireless router? Thanks jrh

View more questions Search