Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MzRene Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Modern Day Romeo and Juliet
    There is this guy that I like. I met him when he applied for a job where I work. After he was hired me and him had gotten cool. I started liking him, so I decided to tell my brother about him. Me and my brother are very close so I tell him everything. While telling my brother about him, he realized he knew the guy. Apparently the went to the same high school, and was cool when they were in school. But all that changed once they started to hang with different cliques. My brother's clique and the guy's clique can't stand each other. I mean if they were left in a room together they wouldn't be civil for more than 10 minutes. So my brother told me that I couldn't be nothing more than cool with him. I mean I am well over the age of making my own decisions, but Im afraid that if we become more than friends that my brother and his clique will do something to the guy. I mean my brother already told me that he would kick the guy's . I find the whole situation to be stupid since I am 20 and my brother and the guy are 21, I mean we are old enough to make our own decision to be together or not. Now I haven't told the guy of the threats my brother has made, mostly because I don't want him to get mad and his clique go after my brother. I know the guy hangs out at a certain spot on the weekends, and sometimes I go only because I know he will be there. But sometimes my brother goes and I would hate to be there all in the guy's face and my brother walks up. I feel I shouldn't have to worry about if my brother get along with the guy that I like, because he doesn't bring his girls to me to see if I like them. He just brought a girl around me like a month or two ago and I have no choice to like her because she is carrying my nephew. What should I do?
    UnluckyDucky Posts: 210, Reputation: 110

Feb 28, 2009, 12:27 AM
    Modern day Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story or whatever... while I'm not quite sure of the dynamics of where you live this is a really messed up situation you're in. If what you're saying is true, if you pursue a relationship with this guy there is a real chance of someone getting physically hurt or possibly worse.

My advice? Find another guy to date.. or move far, far away to where this kind of stupidity does not exist. I'm sure that you would not want to be responsible (even indirectly) for someone getting hurt. It's simply not worth the trouble or drama.

Both of these 'cliques' are being really stupidly immature.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 28, 2009, 11:47 AM

Cliques that hate each other are gangs, and that mentality is trouble any way.

Is gang turf the only place to hang out? If it is forget this guy.

Find a much safer place to hang out, away from the gang environment, and your brother, which is not good for you any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of anitmated romeo&juliet themed movie? [ 1 Answers ]

There was an animated movie of the 70's or 80's (I believe) that had a romeo and juliet theme to it. The boy was a water sprite, the son of a water god and the girl was a fairy of some sort. The boy couldn't be in the sun or he would die and the girl couldn't get in the water or she would die....

Fairy movie- romeo and juliet? [ 4 Answers ]

I remember watching a film when I was young... it would have been in the 90s, and it had fairies in it. There were normal sized people too, but there were two fairy clans at war and the two main ones fell in love. It was really tragic because they had to kill themselves in the end by using a...

Stuck between my romeo and paris? Edward and Jacob? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, I'm 14 and as many of you know, I asked a guy to formal a while ago and he said 'no'. Since then, he has become one of my very good friends who I care about a lot. But, about 6 weeks ago, I started talking to this other guy, Chaz. He's really sweet and he seems different than most of the other...

Juliet [ 1 Answers ]

Charactersketch of juliet

Windscreen wiper needed for Alfa Romeo 156 [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to buy second-hand a complete windscreen wiper arm for Alfa Romeo 156 (2004 Model). Based in Ireland.

View more questions Search