Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    surferforlife Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
    I want to write a song for my girlfriend
    I want to write a love song for my girlfriend I wannna make it very special but every time I try to write something I just can't think of the words to write I want to write about how good we were and every time we ended up fighting we got through itt and how crazy in love we are about each other I need help =[ someone pleasee help mmeeee!
    story-love Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2009, 05:58 PM

Well the best way to get ideas is brainstorm, write down a list of things you like about her, about how bad it felt when use fought,how much she means to you, and how you feel when you see her. Then it will all come together ha :) good luck
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2009, 11:26 PM
    Hi, surferforlife!

How about starting your song on this thread? If you do that, I'm sure that there will be those of us who'll be willing to come along and make suggestions to you as to how you might make improvements to it.

Thanks!
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Nov 13, 2009, 12:47 AM

Hi,
    This is so sweet and romantic. Your girlfriend is very lucky to have you! I have a very easy way to write songs. It's what I do to write songs.

First, as story-love mentioned, write out all the important things about your relationship, your love for her, your feelings... whatever. Just write words and sentences, as they come to you, in no particular order.

Next, pick out all the most important items from your list. You're going to start to tell a story. Make a rough outline of the order you want to place these items... from start to end. Take one item or idea at a time and start to write your sentences. Below I am including a link to an online rhyming dictionary.

To write the chorus, put together a few lines that really describe your relationship. Something you want to emphasize. The chorus gets repeated.

While you are writing, start to hum. Hum out the syllables of the words you are writing. This will loosen you up to start thinking of music for your lyrics. Now start to sing out your words. Sing anyway you want. You are trying to attach sounds to the words. As you do this, you will begin to come up with some tunes. Have a recorder handy to record your favorite sounds. Add your favorite tune to the sentences and your song is finished. Follow these tips and you will have your song in no time. I am including a link for song format.

It would be great if you shared your song with us. :)

Click Here: How to write a song structure intro verse chorus bridge

Click Here: RhymeZone rhyming dictionary and thesaurus

Now, I shared my way to write songs... Experiment and see what you come up with. You might come up with a totally new way. Come back and share!
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Nov 13, 2009, 08:06 PM

You bet!
    drinkmenow8 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2009, 03:53 PM

Wow! Summer your way of writing songs is very similar to mine.

The only thing that I might add is that a song is just translated emotion.

What this means is that its easier to write about something you feel when it is on your mind then something you do not feel.

I wouldn't try to write this when you have other things on your mind. Only write this song when you are in the right mood.

Use what summer said and it should turn out great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to no who sings this song and whts the songs name [ 2 Answers ]

I need to no the name of this chicano rap song I think its chicano -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I want to get some song really bad but I don't no what's the name or the artist bcus I found it on myspace can someone help me its like rap or...

I heard this song and I want to know the name. [ 3 Answers ]

I heard this song and I want to know the name of it and who sings it but I didn't get to write down the lyrics and I've tried a search everywhere and I can't find the song.. its like an r&b song and it has words that sound like shoulder, told her, soldier that all rhyme in the chorus.. its like...

A county song and I want to know the name! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so there is this song that they play all the time at this club I go to, its by a guy, and he talking about "im gonna wake up dancing." that is the only part of the song that I can remember some one please help me out

View more questions Search