Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironclad04 Posts: 193, Reputation: 8

Jun 11, 2009, 11:42 PM
    I found my talent! FRENCH language!
    Son appeler LE VISAGE

Ceci est le visage qui se decouvre mon nom. La plaine, ordinaire, tout de meme. Paraitre plus dur et vous pourriez voir, ce visage vous ne dit pas la partie de moi. Il ne dit pas comment je me sens a l'interieur. Il ne vous dit pas les choses je cache. Mon visage ne revele pas que je
    Pense a la vie, l'amour, ou la politique. Mais vous jugez ce visage et vous me jugez, Par ce que vous regardez, et comment vous voyez. Mais cela n'est pas ou la verite reste. La verite est s'est abritee derrière mes yeux. Ceci est le visage qui se decouvre mon nom. Mais il ne vous dira
    Jamais comment je me sens, ou que je suis!

Ecrit par ironclad04, 1998

Relaying my poem "THE FACE" in another language just came to me when I could perfect my talent!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 03:49 PM

Did you just post this through the free translator?

Sarah

Jun 12, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Did you just post this through the free translator?

Sarah
    Nope! Though I would like to sometimes for other languages, but I know french, and latin! Besides its hard because some of the wording requires hifens over the lettering
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2009, 09:01 PM

You mean accents.

I'm looking at it and really looks like you went to an online translator. I'm sure other francophones would agree.

Sarah
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2009, 09:33 PM

Wow! Nice ironclad! Ok, points I'd like to point out;

La plaine : you sure that exists in your context?

Paraitre plus dur et vous pourriez voir : doesn't quite makes sense to me... :(

Ce visage vous ne dit pas la partie de moi. : modify :'ce visage qui ne vous ne dit pas la partie cachee en moi' That seems moreinteresting like this.

Ou la verite reste : ou est la verite (inversion of subject object place often creates a better way to express deep things.

Ceci est le visage qui se decouvre mon nom. Better : Ceci est le visage qui revele mon nom.

Hope it helped! :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 12, 2009, 09:52 PM

Wow Unky! You're the bomb! :)
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 11:20 AM

Lol... I've already said that NM! Maybe you missed that.

Ok, my first language is creole, then I learned french and english at primary school, which is still the case now that I'm in secondary. I've also learnt some chinese from primary until my third year at secondary school. That's it. Since you've 'taught' me some spanish, and Adam with Atly some German (though there's only a few words) that makes quite a few... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the greenie and Alty. I'm not that 'bomb' :o
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2009, 11:27 AM

The bomb means you're all that, you're great, you're wonderful, we are in awe. Aw. :)
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 11:35 AM

Oh, I did not made it sound like what I'd like it to sound... :o I'm not that much "bomb" is better? "La Plaine" for example, that's the first time I hear that... if ironclad meant 'plain', then, that'd be more like... hmm... banal? Or simple?

Jun 13, 2009, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Oh, I did not made it sound like what I'd like it to sound... :o I'm not that much "bomb" is better? "La Plaine" for example, that's the first time I hear that... if ironclad meant 'plain', then, that'd be more like.... hmm...banal? or simple?
    My bad! It came out wrong?? I haven't done anything like for the past 3 years, I'm rusty!! Lol it's hard trying to write a language on here you know!:D
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2009, 12:42 AM

Yup, I know ironclad. That's why I'm here, to try to make you all 'oily' again, and no more rusty! LOL! :p
    nothing lasts Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2009, 12:02 PM

Would u teach me french?
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2009, 11:48 PM

If you want, nothing lasts. Start another thread if you really want, and PM me the link, k? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if community language is my national language [ 1 Answers ]

Australian community language Urdu is my national language. Now, please tell me in this case if I want to claim these points what documents are required? Even I am native Urdu speaker.

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

US born, French Father, want dual French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone can assist me. I am US born with a French father. I have called the French Consulate in Los Angeles (my closest one) and they weren't helpful at all. In fact, I was treated poorly. I am trying to find out the steps necessary in order to obtain dual US/French citizenship. My...

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search