Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2010, 07:25 PM

How does your biological mother feel about this relationship?

You say "you don't know what she has done for me". What exactly has she done that is so wonderful?

You say that the other kids pick on you about this relationship? Do you share your inner most feelings with them? You should know at your age that kids jump on anything that would seem odd. So why do you let them know?

And what are you going to do when she is no longer your teacher?
    nothing lasts Posts: 71, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2010, 09:37 AM

She is no longer my teacher and I still love her as my best friend.I was lost and unhappy but she came to my life to show me the right way.I love her the way I love my mother no more!

Jan 7, 2010, 09:40 AM

I love her because she taught me english very well and she is really amazing.she is no longer my teacher but I still love her like before.it is an inocent love be sure!
    tucker1818 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 06:21 PM

Okay, I understand fully because I'm in the same problem but he's my old historey teacher. It hurts. I know that. Im still having a problem getting along in my life. But as for the people who tell you your only 16 screw them Because they won't know when your in love only you will. I do think You should wait till your 18 so she don't get into trouble. My old teacher is Married though. Ita hard because I fell as if I can't live without him. But there nothing anyone can say, this is too you her and god. Talk to your teacher. I hope for the best and any way I can help I'm here. Let me know how things go.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 24, 2010, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker1818 View Post
    Okay, I understand fully because im in the same problem but hes my old historey teacher. It hurts. I know that. Im still haveing a problem geting along in my life. But as for the people who tell you your only 16 screw them Because they wont know when your in love only you will. I do think You should wait till your 18 so she dont get into trouble. My old teacher is Married tho. Ita hard because i fell as if i can't live without him. but there nothing anyone can say, this is too you her and god. Talk to your teacher. I hope for the best and any way i can help im here. Let me know how things go.
    So your teacher took advantage of you naivety and innocence and made you rely on him to the point that you can't function in every day life because he's not there?

You think this is a good thing?

To top it all off this man is married. Did you two have an actual relationship or was it all in your head? Because if he touched you in an way that's inappropriate, he belongs in jail.

Please do not encourage someone to fall in love with and have a romantic relationship with an adult when they're only a child. It's immoral!
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 25, 2010, 03:50 AM

I am an english teacher myself, and being quite young I know how boys tend to think. I have favourites in my class but not the relationship your teacher shares with you. Do you "love" her or lust after her? What do you mean when you say that she feels the same way about you? Believe me when I tell you that you are going to grow up and meet some body more wonderful.

Jan 27, 2010, 08:33 AM

SHE LOVES ME LIKE HERR DAUGHTER AND I LOVE HER THE WAY I LOVE MY MOTHER BELIEVE MEcause only her who helped me and see this song I ve written about her and then you will understand:
    No one cared about what I felt
    No one understood my sorrow
    But you came to my life
    To give me hope for a better tomorrow
    No one felt my pain
    When I was in the 8 grade
    No one but u
    This act I will never forget my whole life through
    (chorus)
    Thank you for everything you ve done
    But do you do the same things with anyone
    Thank you anyway
    For being the teacher your
    Your an amazing person
    Your a shining star
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing lasts View Post
    SHE LOVES ME LIKE HERR DAUGHTER AND I LOVE HER THE WAY I LOVE MY MOTHER BELIEVE MEcause only her who helped me and see this song i ve written about her and then u will understand:
    no one cared about what i felt
    no one understood my sorrow
    but u came to my life
    to give me hope for a better tomorrow
    no one felt my pain
    when i was in the 8 grade
    no one but u
    this act i will never forget my whole life through
    (chorus)
    thank u for everything u ve done
    but do u do the same things with anyone
    thank u anyway
    for being the teacher ur
    ur an amazing person
    ur a shining star
    I'm wondering what she taught you. She obviously didn't teach you proper English.

We don't allow text talk here, you're old enough to write in complete sentences with proper punctuation.

Jan 27, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing lasts View Post
    SHE LOVES ME LIKE HERR DAUGHTER AND I LOVE HER THE WAY I LOVE MY MOTHER BELIEVE MEcause only her who helped me and see this song i ve written about her and then u will understand:
    no one cared about what i felt
    no one understood my sorrow
    but u came to my life
    to give me hope for a better tomorrow
    no one felt my pain
    when i was in the 8 grade
    no one but u
    this act i will never forget my whole life through
    (chorus)
    thank u for everything u ve done
    but do u do the same things with anyone
    thank u anyway
    for being the teacher ur
    ur an amazing person
    ur a shining star
    Well, in that case I'm happy that you had someone to guide you through your tough times. :o My favourite teacher till today is my eighth grade english teacher. Met her just last week after a long time, still love and respect her very much.
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2010, 02:38 PM

My favourite teacher till today is my eighth grade english teacher
    What happened today to change your mind?

You said that you're an English teacher, so tell me, what's wrong with the sentence you wrote?

I'm not buying it.

Jan 28, 2010, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post

You said that you're an English teacher, so tell me, what's wrong with the sentence you wrote?

I'm not buying it.
    While your mother tongue is english, mine is tamil. And I'm pretty sure that my english is good enough for people to understand me.

Jan 28, 2010, 10:12 AM

Your right! thanks for understanding me anyway!!

Jan 28, 2010, 10:15 AM

She taught me to be strong she taught me that life is like a train she taught me to be me she showed me that dreams come true.I really don't understand what do u want to know exactly .
    Pets Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 08:28 PM

Nothing lasts, the problem is not the fact that you care about your teacher, the problem is that you're obsessed with her. If anyone reads your other threads and posts, it's all about your teacher.

This isn't normal, nor is it healthy. That's why we're concerned.

Obsession is never good and you're obsessed. If you had a normal adoration for your teacher that would be fine, but the level of obsession you have isn't.

Of course you don't see it, that's the way it usually is when someone is obsessed, they don't see that it's not healthy and it's gotten out of hand.

If you show this level of obsession to this teacher then I see a restraining order in your future. The way you post about this obsession gives me chills and they're not good chills. I can only imagine how this teacher feels, unless of course she's encouraging all of this in which case my first fear would come into play, that she's using a young, naïve, innocent girl for her own means.

I know you won't agree, but those are the red flags I'm seeing.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2010, 09:11 PM

I'm not buying it.
    Alty had to spread some rep but I caught that too. Really, I am only an English Undergrad and your telling me you don't see the mistake here?
    Pets Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chocodrip View Post
    While your mother tongue is english, mine is tamil. And i'm pretty sure that my english is good enough for people to understand me.
    Actually, my "mother tongue" is German.

The fact is, you claim to be an English teacher yet you don't write like one.

For example, in this sentence, it's I'm, not I'm and English should have a capital as well.

I just find it odd that an English teacher doesn't write proper sentences.
    Pets Expert

Jan 28, 2010, 09:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    Alty had to spread some rep but I caught that too. Really, I am only an English Undergrad and your telling me you don't see the mistake here?!
    Exactly! We all make mistakes, but every post this supposed English teacher has written is full of errors. I'm just not buying it.

Also, why would anyone encourage the obsessive, potentially destructive, behavior of the OP?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 10:44 AM

I'm not buying it.

Read the other posts - you'll "buy it" even less!

Any student who loves a teacher as much as he/she loves his/her mother has been set up by the teacher.

I see this as a form of child abuse.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 29, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I see this as a form of child abuse.
    Having a MIL that is a 4th grade teacher, I almost take offense to this. Sorry Judy, no harm here. But my MIL is one of these teachers that stays with their favorite students for the rest of their lives.

She believes that, just as doctors and nurses take oaths to "do no harm," she took an oath, as a teacher, to mold the futures of these children, some of whom come from very unstable homes. She has bought entire Christmases for some of these children who had nothing. She's made sure they had coats on their backs in the winter and food in their bellies. Thus, some of her "children" who are now grown, still keep in touch with her, have named their children after her, etc.

So, I don't see this as child abuse, but maybe a teacher who feels the same, although the OP has become obsessed.

I don't see that the teacher has a problem, necessarily, but the OP does.

However, we cannot speak for the teacher as we don't know her side of the story.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2010, 02:10 PM

And I had a favorite teacher, someone who actually shaped my life, encouraged me, inspired me. Your MIL sounds exceptional but I think the majority of teachers are.

This could go on all day but the OP has said that his friends mock him out because of his "love" for this teacher; he "loves" the teacher more than his mother - agreed that I am reading something more into this (something I always criticize when others do it) BUT I find it difficult to believe that the teacher is not aware of OP's feelings and along the idea of "do no harm" has a duty/responsibility to address the situation, somewhat distance herself before the OP becomes even more obsessed.

Not stepping on anyone's toes (I always wanted to teach English, that's my undergrad degree, my life went in another direction) but this seems (to me) like more than a harmless crush.

I notice the OP has 4 (or 5 ?) threads about her love for this teacher, everything from writing songs to stories and back again. This is an obsession and someone else has to see it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My future as an english teacher [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I want nothing more in life then four things, to be a good wife and mother someday, and to be an english teacher and writer. I am sure I have all of the above down except for the teacher bit. I have a terrible memory and am on Strattara to help with it but I'm worried that even so my memory...

A scared english teacher [ 2 Answers ]

Hey.. I finished high school this year and I register in college of education to become a cycle 2 english teacher the problem is that am afraid that I've made the wrong choice ,I really do love my teachers.. actually I adore them and I adore their job and I think it's the perfect one in helping the...

I need to WOW my english teacher [ 5 Answers ]

I'm writing a 3 paragraph essay about a short story and I need help. I need to know how to start my essay out good. Can you helP??

View more questions Search