Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gilluml78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 07:16 AM
    Why is my side by side fridge freezing up on the refridgerater side?
    We have a whirlpool side beside fridge model number ED5JHGXR000, it is freezing up on the fridge side. We have to take a hair dryer about every six months and thaw vent system out. We can tell when it istarting to freeze up when the veg/meat drawer starts freezing up first. If any one can tell me how to fix the problem it would be great, about to give up and get new fridge and this one is only 4 years old.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2010, 08:41 AM
    You should have a digital set point for freezer and refrigerator temps-warmer/colder or 1-10. Where are they set now? Try lowering the number for the refrigerator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side by side fridge freezing up [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Ge side by side that keeps freezing up on me I turn the ice machine off and leave the door open for a few hours then put it all back tuen the ice machine on an it will work for a couple days does anyone know how I can fix this. My model number is gss201epd ww Thanks

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

GE SSS25SGPA SS side by side refrigerator - freezer staying cold but not freezing [ 0 Answers ]

The freezer is staying cold but not freezing. At the coldest temperature it seems that it is staying cold enough to keep meat and such from going bad, but in no means freezes the stuff inside. The meat is always malleable and any sort of ice cream you put in always ends up liquid. When we put...

Fridge part warm on whirlpool side by side.freezer and blower fine. [ 1 Answers ]

Turned defrost timer off than on. Does this mean that is not the problem?

Whirlpool side by side not cooling fridge and top part of freezer [ 4 Answers ]

10 year old whirlpool side by side with ice maker suddenly stopped getting col on fridge side. Also freezer only gets cold near bottom.shut down unit for 4 hours. Plugged back in same problem.is it condenser or something else?

View more questions Search