Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kida30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2010, 03:32 AM
    Keyboard issues
    HI, I have read through all relating chat on here and tried everything! Please help.
    My keyboard was fine until I had WIFI installed then it changed! My number symbols on the top line from 6 to shift do not show the correct symbols.. I also can not get the secondary symbols on the first numbers 1 through 5. I even have to copy and paste the at symbol to use email.
    Any ideas as I am desperate. Taking my laptop to the internet people is not an option. I have an Acer, Aspire 9420. really have tried everything all you guys have suggested so now I am pulling my hair out!
    I dont even know how the brackets have appeared around the I, just now. Help pleeeeeease.xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    It would seem that some software was installed with the keyboard that doies this. Since I'm not familiar with that product I don't know how to configure it. There has to be some configuration. Check out this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=9645
    Its in the Computer Utilities topic. It may be helpful to you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2010, 05:28 AM

First, this isn't a chat site. If you had browsed a number of threads here you should have learned not to piggyback your thread on someone else's. I've moved your question to its own thread.

Have you tried going back to a Restore point prior to installing WiFi? What version of Windows? What actually was installed relating to WiFi?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard issues [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Vostro 1500. Just installed Windows 7 and suddenly my touch pad is so sensitive, I find my cursor jumping all over. None of the solutions here work. There are mouse properties in the control panel, including "pointer options". Nothing I can find will affect the touch pad. This is...

Keyboard issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad. I hooked a cordless keyboard and mouse combination to my computer. Now when I unhook it I can't get my laptop keyboad to work on the keys that have numbers on them. I tried fn+numloc but this does not work. Any suggestions?

Keyboard issues [ 2 Answers ]

When I type, the right side of my keyboard types numbers instaed of letters unless I hold down the fn key. How can I fix this

I'm having major keyboard issues (which is why I won't be able to use a lot of punctuation) to use lower case letters I have to turn caps lock on and even then ifi try to use the keys with punctuation stuff its like I'm holding down the shift key> (like I get that thing instead of a period) and...

I HAVE A LAPTOP I HAVE USER ACCOUNTS MY KEYBOARD WHEN IM IN MY USER ACCOUNT THE MANY KEYS ON THE KEYBOARD OUR SCRAMBLED NOT WHAT IS ON THE KEY UNREADABLE YET WHEN I SWITCH USER THE KEYBOARD IS FINE SORRY I Didn't MEAN TO SHOUT.I am very new user so if you do have an answer please try and be as...

View more questions Search