Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    initialcondn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2013, 02:58 AM
    An old film about future world
    It was shown on TV in my childhood in mid 1985s - 1990s. It was about the future world where people live in green beautiful gardens in peace, wear all white dresses like angels. Nobody need to read something or learn. I remember some scenes: from our time, somebody travels to that era in time. In a scene, somebody in white dresses was showing him their old libraries. Books were too olds, passed so long time, that when he tried to turn a page and puff out dust on it, the book turned to dust in his hands.
    Anyone will remember such film ? I tried to search but come up with no results. Actually it is very hard to find such old movies with description, unless you don't find someone who watched it and remember still.

Thanks a lot
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 31, 2013, 11:19 AM
    The Time Machine (1960) ?
    Starring Rod Taylor, Alan Young, Yvette Mimieux
    IMDb synopsis:
    On January 5, 1900, a disheveled looking H.G. Wells - George to his friends - arrives late to his own dinner party. He tells his guests of his travels in his time machine, the work about which his friends knew. They were also unbelieving, and skeptical of any practical use if it did indeed work. George knew that his machine was stationary in geographic position, but he did not account for changes in what happens over time to that location. He also learns that the machine is not impervious and he is not immune to those who do not understand him or the machine's purpose. George tells his friends that he did not find the Utopian society he so wished had developed. He mentions specifically a civilization several thousand years into the future which consists of the subterranean Morlocks and the surface dwelling Eloi, who on first glance lead a carefree life. Despite all these issues, love can still bloom over the spread of millennia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrtMOVPe5A

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

There are remakes. From about the period you saw it...
    The Time Machine (1978 TV movie)
    Starring John Beck, Priscilla Barnes, Andrew Duggan

The Time Machine (TV Movie 1978) - IMDb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the name of the film where they live in a virtual world [ 0 Answers ]

They have to run on machines every day to earn credits and they have their own virtual characters and there is a talent show an a new girl comes and the main character he helps her to get the guts to go up and audition and she gets through and in the rooms they show adverts and stuff but you have...

A film about a monkey who falls in to a different world? [ 3 Answers ]

Please can someone help me It's a film about a monkey who lives in the top world and he falls in to the bottom world and starts a new life there I think it is in cartoon not sure . I really can't remember anything . I think they build a boat in it as well. Please can anyone help me

Looking for book - about the future, world is messed up. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, Well I read this book a few years ago, and I have this sudden urge to read it again, but I can not remember the title/author. It was a book based in the future, it was in a young teenage girl's point of view. She lived in an orphan like house, and there they told everyone lies about what...

80's/90's film, kids go into another world under the floor! [ 1 Answers ]

I want to track down an awsome film I uesd to watch time and time again. Its got a crazy looking main character with big spikey hair, who takes these kids through a door in there bedroom floor in another weird world with loads of other charaters like him (crazy hair and futuristic clothes) the kids...

View more questions Search