Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danny vega Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 06:32 PM
    I want to submit for a small business loan
    Im a cvonvicted felon who was just release out of prison,I have a business plan that I've gotten started already by trademarking my clothing line name,now I would like to submit for a small business loan to start my business and get it up and running.I have a good support and network team that's willing to help me in getting my business up and running.the problem at this moment is capital,once I get an oppurtunity to receive any type of help out there to get me up and running ill be good. So is it possible for a convicted felon to receive any type of help or federal grants that's out there ? Thank you for your help and time...
    warrenf75 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2013, 12:31 PM
    Seeing how you are just starting your business it is good you have a business plan that fully goes over the financials and most importantly how it is going to generate profits which is integral to how it is going to be paid back. The SBA (Small Business Administration) has some good free information that could help you. I suspect that you are looking for more of a direct solution
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2013, 12:35 PM
    Sba.gov is one good source. Another is score.org.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 9, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Please don't count on funding, felon or not.
    A business plan is not enough.
    Many a clothing designer has started in a spare room and a sewing machine, putting together some prototypes and taking them to clothing stores. It's a lot of work and the payoff is slow. Just like for any new business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex felon looking for small business loan [ 2 Answers ]

I am a two time convicted felon. I know there is Banks that will give small business loans to convicted felons. I've been looking online for them so I can find out were and what I need to provide them so I can go and apply for one. I live in Independence, MO 64050. I appreciate any help you can...

Can a felon get a small business loan [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get an application to apply for a small business loan for a convicted felon who has served all his time

I am looking at getting a small business loan. [ 1 Answers ]

I have excellent credit; my husband has horrible credit which he accumulated before we got married. We don't have any credit together; all we have is a joint checking account. He will not be on the loan, will his credit still affect the likelihood of me getting a small business loan?

I need a small business loan! [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Debbie . I am 45 years old and a convicted felon. I had researched the "law Library while incarcerated and found I am eligible for a small business grant/ loan. I have started a small construction /handyman service and would like to expand. Any suggetions on how to apply would be greatly...

No money or assets how I get a small business loan [ 3 Answers ]

I found an oppurtunity to buy a buissness for less than 50,000 to start up. How do I qualify for a loan I have no credit, poor credit but lots of ambition.

View more questions Search