Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tathead Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Oct 12, 2006, 01:00 PM
    Why can't I find Mrs Right?
    OK, I'm male 30 from UK, 6 months ago lost my girlfriend of 6 years now can't see me finding someone special as all the ladies I like don't like me and the ones that like me I don't like?? So will I find someone I think is gorgeous ever?? I bleeding hope so :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 01:05 PM
    Do you really need someone gorgeous? Did I read this right?

Oct 12, 2006, 02:20 PM
    Not gorgeous as in model like. I mean gorgeous as in someone I think is gorgeous through and through. Someone I adore.. Does that make sense yet :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Well, sometimes someone who can be a sight for sore eyes is gorgeous, you just have to get to know them.

Love will drop itself in your lap when you least expect it. She may not be beautiful cosmetically, but she may be gorgeous mentally and emotionally.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2006, 02:28 PM
    It's only been 6 months. Give yourself a break, for many people years go by before they find their mate.

Oct 12, 2006, 03:22 PM
    Wow realationship advice from a toddler :) Don't worry mate, I'm not beating myself up or owt, It was just something I was wondering at the time!!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Yep it s only been 6 months.

Read my storey. My first thread.

I'm 6 months into a break up from a girl I was with for 7 years.

You need this time now for yourself.

Your probably trying to hard. You think you need to replace your ex and are looking to hard to find a suitable replcement.

Just give it time and something will pop up when you least expect it.

At least that's what I hope happens to us poor tortured souls ;)

Oct 13, 2006, 12:32 AM
    Wow mate. I just read your first post and most of the replies. I wish I had read those last year. You see my ex GF, after 5 years, one Friday after work went for a drink with friends then went home with another guy that night and from that point started seeing him. It was like I had been replaced overnight. It was weird.
    Me being soft, confused and heartbroken still let her stay in my house so she would come here and get ready in front of me to go see him, even asking me if she looked OK and doing things like taking my dvd's to watch at his!
    She then got a solicitor to try and get some money from my house. My family and friends said she needed to move out as they could see it was making me ill. I offered her 5k to help with rent but she wanted 10k! And then she got a solicitor onto me to try force me to sell my house! (I paid the mortgage and ALL bills as it was my house)
    Unfortunately this guy she was seeing used her so after 2 or 3 months he'd had his fun and she was a wreck. He finished it and she took an overdose.
    I was the only person she had to pick up the pieces as her Dad doesn't care, her mum suffers with bi-polar 1 and couldn't cope with the situation and threw a wobbly as usual and actually threw more tablets at her then went to work! I took her home after the ambulance had been and it took her 5 months to get herself together, started 2 jobs, got back on her feet then 2 months after that she left again, this time she went to her mums.
    Again I was in bits but a lot stronger then the 1st time as I had been through it once. She has only 2 weeks ago taken all her things from my house and 1 week again I received another solicitors letter wanting 10 thousand pounds (sterling). We have a little doggy who I love to bits and she even said if I didn't give her the money I wouldn't see Missy (the dog) again!
    I now see her in a different light (the ex not the dog :) I see her how my friends and family saw her. Not really a nice person. A troubled soul. Someone suffering inside. I was soft and did everything to try make her happy and content but the reality is she will never be either!
    Sorry... This is nearly as long as your 1st post :)
    I fealt for you when reading your 1st post and I know it was last April so I hope your lifes moving on in many exciting ways. I know mine has. You can't predict what life is going to throw at you, you just have to react to it and take certain oportunities that you wouldn't normaly take. I've found myself out African drumming on a night just because someone asked me! I've been to watch bands I've never heard of, recently went to Prague with 8 people I don't know to a music festival, then to Leeds Festival with more people I hardly know. I'm generally a quiet, bit shy person so its hard work to get myself out there and meet people but I try put extra effort into it. I now actually LOVE being single but the point of my original post was not too serious! I was just testing the site. I will just wait until that one day when I meet someone special, I'm not really out there looking I'm just enjoying my freedom at the moment. I see my friends more and family more and lifes is definitely less stressful.
    Thanks for the reply! I didn't even think anyone would read my questions! :)
    You sem like you have your head screwed on, I think experiances like these just add to your character and make you a stronger better wiser person. Someone replied to your post saying we need to date different people to find out who we are and what we want. I think that's true.
    Take care!
    lilian79 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tathead
    OK, I'm male 30 from UK, 6 months ago lost my gf of 6 years now can't see me finding someone special as all the ladies i like dont like me and the ones that like me i dont like???? So will i find someone i think is gorgeous ever????? I bleeding hope so :)
    Some times we are meant to be alone for a little bit to do us... and to see what you really want, and to find the Mrs. right ( right now is no easy task either, just don't look let it happen, if its meant to be it will come to you.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Cheers mate. I really appreciate your kind words. And yes, my life is heading in lots of exciting directions. Hope you stick around and offer your advice to others here! It helps a lot of people!

Quote Originally Posted by tathead
    Wow mate. I just read your first post and most of the replies. I wish I had read those last year. You see my ex GF, after 5 years, one friday after work went for a drink with friends then went home with another guy that night and from that point started seeing him. It was like I had been replaced overnight. It was weird.
    Me being soft, confused and heartbroken still let her stay in my house so she would come here and get ready in front of me to go see him, even asking me if she looked OK and doing things like taking my dvd's to watch at his!
    She then got a solicitor to try and get some money from my house. My family and friends said she needed to move out as they could see it was making me ill. I offered her 5k to help with rent but she wanted 10k!! and then she got a solicitor onto me to try force me to sell my house! (I paid the mortgage and ALL bills as it was my house)
    Unfortunately this guy she was seeing used her so after 2 or 3 months he'd had his fun and she was a wreck. He finished it and she took an overdose.
    I was the only person she had to pick up the pieces as her Dad doesn't care, her mum suffers with bi-polar 1 and couldnt cope with the situation and threw a wobbly as usual and actually threw more tablets at her then went to work! I took her home after the ambulance had been and it took her 5 months to get herself together, started 2 jobs, got back on her feet then 2 months after that she left again, this time she went to her mums.
    Again i was in bits but alot stronger then the 1st time as I had been through it once. She has only 2 weeks ago taken all her things from my house and 1 week again i received another solicitors letter wanting 10 thousand pounds (sterling). We have a little doggy who I love to bits and she even said if i didnt give her the money I wouldnt see Missy (the dog) again!
    I now see her in a different light (the ex not the dog :) I see her how my friends and family saw her. Not really a nice person. A troubled soul. Someone suffering inside. I was soft and did everything to try make her happy and content but the reality is she will never be either!
    Sorry......... This is nearly as long as your 1st post :)
    I fealt for you when reading your 1st post and i know it was last april so I hope your lifes moving on in many exciting ways. I know mine has. You can't predict what life is going to throw at you, you just have to react to it and take certain oportunities that you wouldnt normaly take. I've found myself out African druming on a night just because someone asked me! I've been to watch bands i've never heard of, recently went to Prague with 8 people i dont know to a music festival, then to Leeds Festival with more people i hardly know. I'm generally a quiet, bit shy person so its hard work to get myself out there and meet people but I try put extra effort into it. I now actually LOVE being single but the point of my original post was not too serious! I was just testing the site. I will just wait til that one day when i meet someone special, i'm not really out there looking i'm just enjoying my freedom at the moment. I see my friends more and family more and lifes is definately less stressful.
    Thanks for the reply! I didnt even think anyone would read my questions!! :)
    You sem like you have your head screwed on, i think experiances like these just add to your character and make you a stronger better wiser person. Someone replied to your post saying we need to date different people to find out who we are and what we want. I think thats true.
    Take care!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How Do I Find My Way [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: i am a 25 yr old male on the 27th of this month i start a new job for a major printing company sounds nice right? But its not i will be working 12 hr days 3 to 4 days a week no leaving the property and absolutely no smoking this i can deal with but music is my passion im not fond of the...

Where to find [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for website that will actuyally let me read the books online for free

Mrs [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it that when you get into a bath of Water that is 98.6 degrees F. it feels even cool if not chilly, but if you turn your furnace up to 98.6 degrees F. it feels hot and uncomfortable?:confused: :eek:

How to find out ? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everybody, How to findout weather my computer is being observed by other people or not. I mean if my computer is hacked or not??

View more questions Search