Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momdontknow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Schizophrenic Daughter
    How do I have my 32 year old daughter committed to a mental hospital? She hears voices, drinks continuously, has violent outbursts and cuts herself to "stop the pain".
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2008, 07:02 PM

She needs to see a physician. Can you take her to the emergency room?

Schizphrenics aren't warehoused in mental hospitals any more; they are medicated and released to a family member, usually, when they are stable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:03 PM

Each state has its own rules, does she have insurance to pay for a facility. Or do you have enough money to pay the bill for some place ?

If not have you tired out patient treatment taking her to see someone on a regular basis
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:07 PM

Has she been diagnosed as schizophrenic?

Is it possible that she's just suffering from alcoholism and depression?

Please, see a professional.
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Nov 4, 2008, 09:28 AM

Will she go see a doctor on her own? A therapist? What does she want to do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Possible daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out I may have a 6 1/2 yo daughter. Her mother told me that the child was not mine and then when we separated she married. She was married at the time she gave birth. Her husband is on her birth certificate and has raised her and their six other children their whole life. The...

Schizophrenic [ 6 Answers ]

My fiance's Adopted sister is schizophrenic she has her own apartment but her parents have always taken care of her bills. There now moving out of state and told her that if her sister didn't take care of her bills and money then they would turn her over to the state in which she wouldn't get much....

20 years and my husband diagnosed as paraniod schizophrenic [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me? I feel so alone and alienated. I feel as if I'm living with a stranger. How do I deal with this situation, I know I will end up heartbroken and he is stolic, no response no feelings a stranger in my apt. Can someone advise me as to how I can stop thinking about suicide, 20...

My daughter [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I am a mother with 2 kids. My daughter is 13 years old but small for her age. She only weighs about 80 lbs. and small chested. I believe some kids at school make fun of her. We live in a asmall town but most of her friends are bigger and more developed. Do have any advice about how she can...

View more questions Search