Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Have you seen a good movie lately?
    I saw that RickJ was considering putting in a new topic called Reviews. I hope that happens soon.

I would just like to know what you have seen recently and what you thought. Doesn't matter to me if it is in the boxoffice or on DVD.

I just saw P.S. I Love You last week. It is a 14k gold Girly Movie. If the Academy had a category just for chic flicks, it would definitely win. If you love to cry, then laugh so hard you cry then cry some more - rent this one.

The price of going to the movies has definitely made me more picky about what I go so see. Is the last Indiana Jones worth the cost and trouble, or should I wait for it on Netflix?
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I loved 'P.S. I love you,' especially the Irish guys and their Irish accents... OOOOOO!

2 weeks ago I saw 'You Don't Mess With the Zohan' with Adam Sandler. If you like racist comedy and Adam Sandler, then this is the movie for you. All of Sandlers films are priceless. I like him as an actor. Plus he grew up in a town that was 45 minutes from where I used to live.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:07 AM
    I'm not a big Sandler fan, but it looked to me that the Zohan movie was a step backward for him. I thought he was moving ahead with movies like the Longest Yard and Click, but I guess you do what you know best.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I have to agree that it was different then his regular film style.
    But I still liked it. It was hilarious.
    I also LOVED 'Click' when it came out.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
    I loved the Bourne Trilogy
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:22 AM
    Tuscany: Is that about the special forces guy that has no memory?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    Tuscany: Is that about the special forces guy that has no memory?
    It is. With Matt Daemon. I just got caught up with that... it was so good!

I love Adam Sandler although I sometimes find his comedies a bit to slap stick for my taste.

I also loved Hitch with Will Smith
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:47 AM
    I'm looking forward to Hancock with Will Smith.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 09:17 AM
    I was surprised by Bucket List.

I expected a hilarious comedy, but it turned out to be a powerful drama, with some funny spots mixed in.

These two guys, Freeman and Nicholsen, are outstanding in this one.

It has powerful messages, and makes you stop and think.

I usually go for things that don't make me think so much, but I did enjoy this one.

If I had known it wasn't all comedy, I may not have rented it at all. I got lucky.
    theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Jul 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
    I saw Wall-E

Made me want to cry:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 05:06 AM
    We took the kids to see Wall E last weekend. Everyone loved it!
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 06:33 AM
    Two weeks ago I saw WALL-E and LOVED it! I am quit the sucker for Disney films. I don't think there is one Disney movie that I didn't like.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:09 AM
    I hope there is a review catergory soon too!

I have been watching a lot of movies lately. I never can remember the name of them but since I have this one right in front of me, I can tell you! "The Gift", I thought I hadn't seen it but I have and when it started, I thought, oh all right I can watch this twice. It was good and scary. At least to me it was scary;) "Ladies in Lavender" that is a wonderful girlie movie.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Hancock:

If you like a summer action flick, this is a decent movie. I think it could have been better, as the plot had a lot of holes and the ending was quite abrupt... like it was missing a lot of the storyline, but I have been told that they had to cut roughly 45 minutes of the movie to give it a PG-13 rating... so that's that.

Will Smith and Charlize Theron did an amazing job, though, as always.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:15 AM
    Wanted:

Another summer action flick. Although the initial reviews weren't too great, if you go into this movie just wanting a quick shoot them up flick, this isn't bad at all. I think critics went in hoping there'd be great dialog and character development. Imagine Jerry Bruckheimer or Michael Bay... things blow up, people get beaten up, shot, etc. Fun movie with a plot twist.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Vera... something, Vera Drake, a very long and drawn out good story. I watched it a lone and that was suitable.

I hope it is as funny as it looks!
    Sneezy, I almost always think Will Smith does an amazing job, I sure do like him, I just watched Fresh Prince with my daughter last night;) AGAIN!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Not sure if you're in to shoot-em-up, martial arts type of movies, but Equilibrium is one of the best! And it has Christian Bale and Taye Diggs... :)...

Amazing movie.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:32 AM
    I will check those out you guys!
    This is a foreign film, "Amelie" I hope to watch it tonight, I will give my review;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:34 AM
    My sister suggested Keeping Mum with Maggie Smith and I got it through Netflix. I hope to actually watch it soon. I'll report back once I've seen it.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22
    I will check those out you guys!
    This is a foreign film, "Amelie" I hope to watch it tonight, I will give my review;)
    Amelie is an AWESOME movie!! You'll love it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Clique Movie Audition. Am I good enough [ 4 Answers ]

So ever since I was little I've wanted to act. I really have never pursued this dream that much Since then being 16 now and only being in school plays and being in endless drama summer camps. Each one never getting a huge part but a supporting role. Now there's auditions for the Clique movie,...

Movie-a few good men [ 4 Answers ]

What do you think of the movie, A few good men?

Looking for a good movie about the Titanic [ 2 Answers ]

I am a big fan of the sinking of the Titanic. Can anyone recommend a good film about the disaster, or perhaps a love story that was based on the Titanic?

Good luck figueing out this 80s movie [ 3 Answers ]

I've got a movie that's been on my mind for about 5 years and I just can't remember the name. The only thing I can remember are these 2 little girls that made faces at people and a guy told them that if someone hits them on their back their faces will stay like that. Sure enough the guy hits their...

View more questions Search