Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    WhySoSerious's Avatar
    WhySoSerious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 25, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Movie from mid-late 80s about a boy who loves water and ends up living in it...
    My sister remembers seeing a movie at the theater when she was around 8 or 9 but has never been able to remember what movie it is and would like to know show she can see it again.

    It's about a boy who lives on some islands with his father and he loved to swim. There's some sort of conflict and his father ends up dying. The boy ends up being able to stay under water for longer and longer periods and his skins starts drying out and bleeding whenever he's away from the water for long periods. She says she remembers a scene where he has a nightmare and wakes up with his ears and nose bleeding because his skin is dry and cracking. He somehow develops some sort of gills because he ends up being able to breathe under water and he ultimately ends up living under water.
    Also, there was a girl that he was friends with and my sister thinks there was some sort of love interest between them but there was some sort of conflict and they couldn't be together, partly because she lived on land and he ended up being mostly in water.
    The movie also focuses on greed and men who work in some sort of business dealing with ships and she remembers there being some sort of explosion and the main character goes into the water to escape from it and he uses the ocean as basically an escape from the world.
    She doesn't remember any of the actors' names. She said the main character had black hair and he was cute. She's tried asking our parents about the movie but they only vaguely remember it and she's tried asking other people and looking for it online but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this movie? If so, please let me know. Thank you!
    wonthewest's Avatar
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11
    Junior Member

    Sep 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
    The Incredible Mr. Limpet. With Don Knotts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horror movie from the late 80s to mid 90s [ 0 Answers ]

Ok now this movie I seen just once when I was a kid .I remember there was a guy in this movie he was a scientist or doctor of some sort .In his house he was creating monters of some kind from human ashes. There was a secret hatch in his kitchen beneath the refrigerator where these monsters were...

Mid to late 80's ww1/ww2 era movie about a young boy... [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie mid to late 80's I think. It was about a young boy who had lost his parents during a war and the young boy was hanging around a camp of soldiers. He wore a leather bomber jacket. He was pretty much on his own the entire movie. I can remember he ate a certain chocolate bar or...

Sifi movie from mid 70s to mid 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie I watched when I was a kid. What I remember is there is a women and whoever looked into her eyes turned to stone, she had snakes coming out of her head I think. Lol There was also an Owl (a tin owl I think) And also I think there was a 3 headed...

Old mid to late 80s movie blood brothers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need to find the name of this film its about a group of teenage boys who become friends and all cut thir finger and become blood brothers:cool:

Movie from the mid to late 80s [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sure this will sound totally ridiculous... 70% of me believes I saw this movie, but the other 30% is wondering if maybe it was just a really strange dream. Now for what I remember about this: There's a creepy place, some type of warehouse or building. I think it's a kid and his older...

View more questions Search