Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabrielsamoza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2009, 03:55 PM
    Dishwasher chopper assembly reassemble
    In investigating the cause of my dishwasher underperforming, I took it apart to the extent that I have removed the chopper assembly. There was a little gunk, but nothing that really explained the problem.

Never mind that for now. My problem is that I find myself unable to reinstall the screen and blade assembly. I can see that I need to hold the spring in, but I feel like my fingers are too big or clumsy and I can't get close at all to fitting it in properly. Is it correct that the smaller side should go down? What about this don't I understand?
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 4, 2009, 06:41 PM
    Hi! gabrielsamoza, and Welcome to AMHD :)
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielsamoza View Post
    In investigating the cause of my dishwasher underperforming, I took it apart to the extent that I have removed the chopper assembly. There was a little gunk, but nothing that really explained the problem.

Nevermind that for now. My problem is that I find myself unable to reinstall the screen and blade assembly. I can see that I need to hold the spring in, but I feel like my fingers are too big or clumsy and I can't get close at all to fitting it in properly. Is it correct that the smaller side should go down? What about this don't I understand?
    This might help:
    Kitchenaide
    How To Repair Dishwashers/KitchenAid Repair/Chopper Replacement - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks

Kenmore IMG see pix

Video on Kenmore:
    Vids.eu.org Repairing the Chopper Assembly on a Kenmore Dishwasher

Here's more:
    Dishwasher chopper assembly - Google Search

That should get you started
    I got to get goin' I'm working on my Dehumidifier, and DW home.

K
    Attached Images

gabrielsamoza Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 05:01 AM
    Thanks!
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Aug 5, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Your welcome! I liked the guy in the video...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reassemble halogen light fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I have replaced the bulb in my halogen ceiling light fixture but cannot get the assembly back in it's housing. This is the first time I have replaced the bulb. I saw a similar inquiry on this site but have been unable to find thr answer

Chopper and pwm control [ 1 Answers ]

in the name of god What is the different between the Chopper Circuit Speed Control motor And PWM speed Control?

Reassemble Mower starter cord recoil [ 1 Answers ]

My mower's power cord looked like it was about to break. So I purchased a replacement cord and sought instructions on the web. Unfortunately the instructions I found weren't consistent with the design of the Briggs and Stratton engine on my mower. The instructions show how to replace a coed...

Reassemble the Tub Faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I have a slip on tub faucet that was removed from the stub out. I cannot understand how to fit the components back together and reassemble so that it does not come off when the shower mechanisim is engaged. If anyone can help me, I'd love some ideas.

View more questions Search