Ask
    ericact5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Home equity line of credit
    In a chapter 13 bankrutcy can a home euity line of credit loan be reduced
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2009, 08:35 AM

If you still own the home, I am 99% certain the answer is no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home equity line problems [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is going towards foreclosure but I was told that if we loose our home the second mortgage which is a home equity line of credit can sue us for the debt owed?? :confused: Is this True?

Foreclosure on an equity line of credit [ 5 Answers ]

The scenario is this. The home has a lst mortgage on it with a balance of roughly $135,000. There is a second mortgage loan in the form of an equity line of credit. The financial institution that gave the wloan has foreclosed on the second mortgage.

Parents death and Equity Line of Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have quite an interesting situation regarding our home and a Equity Line of Credit against the house. In August 2004 my mother died, and in March 2006 my father passed away. We took care of all of the credit cards and such, however we have been afraid to tell the bank about their...

Parent Death - Home equity line of credit [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: My father died in April. His insurance did not cover his funeral, had to take a loan out to pay for it. Notified his creditors of his death. He had taken out a home equity line of credit on his house many years ago. It has a $40,000 plus balance. In 2000 he transferred his 2 homes into my...

View more questions Search