Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mothergoose57 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Foreclosure on an equity line of credit
    The scenario is this. The home has a lst mortgage on it with a balance of roughly $135,000. There is a second mortgage loan in the form of an equity line of credit. The financial institution that gave the wloan has foreclosed on the second mortgage.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mothergoose57
    The scenario is this. The home has a lst mortgage on it with a balance of roughly $135,000. There is a second mortgage loan in the form of an equity line of credit. The financial institution that gave the wloan has foreclosed on the second mortgage.

OK - got the scenario. What's the question?

Jul 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Foreclosure on an equity line of credit
    The scenario is this. A Florida home has a lst mortgage on it with a balance of roughly $150,000. There is a second mortgage (an equity line of credit) and the balance on that is about $50,000. The financial institution holding yjr equity line of credit is foreclosing because no payments have been made in about 6-9 months.
    What happens in a situation like this where there are 2 separate lenders involved and the holder of the junior loan forecloses but the holder of the senior loan does not?
    Thanks for any help!

Jul 1, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Computer glitch. I didn't finish my post. My concern is explained in a subsequent post I made right after this post. Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Threads merged. Depedning on the terms of the promissory note, the second lien holder can force a foreclosure. The house is then sold and the 1st lien holder is paid with the proceeds. Anything leftover is then paid to the second lienholder. If that doesn't staisfy the lien they can still come after the homeowner.

Jul 1, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Thanks. This helped a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Equity after foreclosure [ 4 Answers ]

Who would benefit from the equity

Can equity line of credit loan balance be frozen and possibly used to pay creditors [ 1 Answers ]

If I continue to pay my home equity line of credit loan and leave an available balance that can be taken out if needed. Is it possible that that available balance can be frozen and if so can it be taken from me to pay other bills? My bank account was frozen because of a estimated sales tax bill...

Parents death and Equity Line of Credit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have quite an interesting situation regarding our home and a Equity Line of Credit against the house. In August 2004 my mother died, and in March 2006 my father passed away. We took care of all of the credit cards and such, however we have been afraid to tell the bank about their...

Parent Death - Home equity line of credit [ 7 Answers ]

Hello: My father died in April. His insurance did not cover his funeral, had to take a loan out to pay for it. Notified his creditors of his death. He had taken out a home equity line of credit on his house many years ago. It has a $40,000 plus balance. In 2000 he transferred his 2 homes into my...

View more questions Search