Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    shanae47's Avatar
    shanae47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 7, 2014, 01:00 PM
    How to respondwith a written answer used in chapter 802 Wisconsin statutes
    A lawsuit was filed against me for a monthly bill that I fell behind on. I have since paid the bill and I'm current. How do respond to the lawsuit in writing?
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,970, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jul 7, 2014, 01:32 PM
    Has a court hearing been scheduled? I would write to the creditor/plaintiff and tell them that, since, you have brought the account up to date, you are expecting them to withdraw the suit and that you will expect confirmation of that withdrawal by return mail. Send a copy to the court where the suit was filed, with the docket #.

    Keep tabs on this, if a hearing is scheduled, you want to make sure you appear with proof the account is up to date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chapter 802 of the Wisconsin Statutes [ 20 Answers ]

How do you go about writing an answer, as that term is used in chapter 802 of the Wisconsin statutes?

Chapter 802 of the Wisconsin Statutes [ 1 Answers ]

How to write a letter in accordances with Chapter 802 of the Wisconsin Statutes for a response to a summons?

Wisconsin statutes chapter 802 [ 10 Answers ]

Is there a form letter or sample 'answer' compliant with Wisconsin 802 for a civil judgment filed with two counts? It is a personal debt with a bank... thanks

View more questions Search