Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    777777's Avatar
    777777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 2, 2008, 09:35 AM
    How do I lien a home to collect on a court order
    My son was attack at school last year 2007 by to boys and the court awarded me restitution and to this day I have not seen a penny of it. I would like to know how to go about putting a lien on there homes and what else I can do to receive my restitution? I have done everything to keep on track with this I have even kept in touch with the probation department and the revenue and recovery division I understand that they have a lot of cases but now my home is in a lien due to all the medical bill that have uncured do to this attack on my son! Someone please help me I need some advice.
    Loan_Guy's Avatar
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6
    Junior Member

    Jun 2, 2008, 08:25 PM
    Depending on where you live, this may or may not be applicable...

    Where I am, when you awarded a judgment, you get the opportunity to collect for what the court has awarded you. To enforce it, I would have to go back to court and provide the copy of the judgment and ask for a court date to enforce it.

    From there, they may give me the right to collect from a bank account, garnish a paycheck, etc. If there is a lien already in place on a home, you may have to wait until they are forced to pay it, such as when it sells.

    You may want to check with the court that gave you the award. Tell them you have been unable to collect and see if they have any ideas or can get you back on the docket.

    I'm sure this happens a lot, so they should be able to guide you in the right direction.

    Hope this helps.


Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting a lien on ex husbands condo failure to pay vechiles due to court order [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can put a lien on my ex husbands condo for failure of paying on vechiles that were in our divorce papers stating that he has to make all payments, upkeep, maintenance and so of so forth? Because he stopped payment on already and that is going though the company that it was...

Court Order [ 3 Answers ]

A debt collecting lawyer got a judgement at an address Where I have NEVER lived but where someone with the exact Same name lives. They then sent it to my bank and have put A lien on my bank account. I have called them to no Avail. They say it is too late - they have the judgement Against...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Court order [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago I purchased a kichen - I was unable to pay for it so it went to court - the company failed to reply to a court document within the allocated time so the court threw it out However now I have had a letter from the court to say that the company want the court order reinstated - can...

Violation of court order [ 4 Answers ]

Ex husband took kids out of our state (maryland) on his weekend visitation to the state of PA for 2 days. I spoke to them in the evenings to say goodnight, ex told me that they were at his moms in (maryland) and I found out he lied to me. The court order states that when he wants to take them...

View more questions Search