Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjuanie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 12:58 PM
    DELL vga support?
    I am fixing a friends dell computer, he uses the DVI connector in a dual monitor setup. On the back of his Dell, the VGA port had a plastic tab over it. The monitor I use to repair PC's is an old VGA emachine model. I took the plastic tab off the VGA connector on the back of his PC, connected my VGA to it and get a "THIS MONITOR IS WORKING PLEASE CHECK THE VIDEO CABLE AND COMPUTER". I have never seen this before, is there a way around this, do I need to buy an adaptor, I am doing this for free so I don't want to spend too much. I have googled and couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks,
    Steve J
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Is the DVI cable still connected? You have have to use a utility of the PC to select which output is being used. Check under: Display Properties > Settings > Advanced
    sjuanie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
    No, I took just the box from him. I cannot access anything since there is no display. I think I may have to buy a VGA to DVI adaptor. I have never come across this before, a plastic tab over the VGA slot, Dell, the evil empire.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 01:13 PM
    I've seen it a lot on new computers I set up. You should have the DVI cable is usually provided in that case. The variable here is that it's a two monitor setup so you don't know what info is sent to what display.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vga driver [ 1 Answers ]

Can help me to get vga Controller driver for Toshiba satellite A215-S7437 with integrated ATI Radeon Graphic,Operating System is windows xp professional?

Connecting Many VGA to one PC [ 1 Answers ]

I wish to connect 100 Flat screens TFTs to one PC. I want to creat a classroom with the PCs approximately 100ms apart. What do I need as equipment and use? Can I get an offer so that I can prepare and buy? Regards

Vga driver [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I need a driver for my graphic card drivers name is ARK logic 2000 MI Thank you

VGA problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I am a new comer to this site.. I have a very peculiar problem here. I have a nvidia-6200 AGP card. As I reinstalled my OS I updated the VGA drivers with the latest forceware driver from nvidia. Even after installing the driver, in my device manager its "showing video controller not...

View more questions Search