Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 02:01 PM
    Need a wireless connections expert.
    Does anyone know how to cofigure a 2Wire to connect to my laptop using Windows 7? When I try to connect I get this message: "Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP Configuration." What does that mean and how can it be fixed please?

Thank you.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jul 27, 2011, 02:09 PM

Have you been able to connect your laptop to any other wireless networks?
    - and -
    Are you talking about the Gateway 2Wire DSL modems?

It sounds like the Gateway isn't handing out IP addresses, but it could also be that you have Windows 7 setup to connect to a specific network (and not use DHCP or automatic IP addresses).

If no other computers can connect to your gateway, the easiest thing to do would be to contact your ISP and have them remote into the gateway from the WAN side and reset the LAN configuration.

If you have another machine that is connected to the Gateway already, you know the 2Wire modem is working.

If you type "home" in your web browser, you'll get to the configuration pages. From there, under the LAN setup, you can see what devices are currently or have every connected to the Gateway. You can also enable/disable DHCP or set a custom rage of addresses, specify static addresses, and set how many addresses the Gateway will hand out.
    RJackson4016 Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 05:50 PM
    Contacting my ISP sounds like a good idea along with your other suggestions. To answer your first question, I have been able to connect with other wireless o.k. But this is the only 2Wire. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rebotted windows 7 now can not find wireless connections [ 2 Answers ]

My dell Latitude E6510's hard drive recently crashed and after trouble shooting all options I was forced to reload the operating system windows 7. After it was reloaded I am not able to get any internet connections. The computer says that the drivers were not down loaded, any suggestions?

Big Issue with Wireless Connections! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am helping my girlfriends mom try and fix her laptop. One day she got on and it wouldn't connect to the internet, the icon for wirless wasn't on the bottom taskbar. I went into device manager and all network adapters were working properly (according to their properties) I then went into...

Total connections on one wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have a comcast netgear wireless router and it allows me max 5 devices to connect to it. In my home I have more then 5 connections to make to go on internet. I have connected a 2wire wireless router but somehow cannot get to connect all the PCs/Laptops/PDAs connect to the 2wire router. Can...

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

View more questions Search