Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    deedee71's Avatar
    deedee71 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 24, 2016, 10:59 AM
    I want to find my 21yr old daughter theresa
    I gave her up to my mom but she passed away in June 30, 2012 and she gave my daughter to a friend of hers that she worked with, and then after that I don't know were she is
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

    Apr 24, 2016, 12:10 PM
    Did you legally "I gave her up to my mom"? "she gave my daughter to a friend of hers that she worked with". This isn't just hand me down clothes or an old car. Legally you don't just give people away, at least in the US.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Apr 24, 2016, 12:49 PM
    As noted, children are not just passed around.

    Have you tried checking to see if she has a Facebook account? If your daughter was underage when your mother died, the local family services agency may have gotten involved. You can also try checking the local Family Court for Guardianship or Custody hearings.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Apr 24, 2016, 05:12 PM
    I will assume you did not go to the funeral of your mom in 2012, where your daughter would have been. And that for years and years you had no contact with her.

    Why now, after the child is grown, do you feel you want? Or even deserve the right to come back into her life?

    Who did your mom's estate? Are there other brothers and sisters that you have that may have info?

    Have you traveled to where you mom lived and looked up her old home and her old friends?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Federal bankruptcy discharge Theresa Rosiello, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, OH [ 5 Answers ]

Federal bankruptcy discharge Theresa Rosiello, Cincinnati, Hamilton County, OH

My mom passed away. I'm a 21yr old student with no insurance. What can I do? [ 2 Answers ]

My mom passed away in March. She and my dad are divorced, and my dad is covered under my step-mom's insurance. I can't get covered by my step-mom's insurance, and my mom had no insurance when she passed. I'm a 21yr old student with asthma and I get chronic bronchitis. I can't keep going to the...

Should my 21yr old disabled son get child support? [ 2 Answers ]

My 21yr old son is parapalegic. He is very unstable and unresponsible. He has the mantality of a 14 yr old. He did not graduate high school, his dropped out in 9th grade at age 16. He lived with me from 1998-2005. I never asked for any supprt from my ex-spouse. We have 3 children, I have the...

Evicting my 21yr old daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My 21 yr old daughter has been living in my house whilst I have been living abroad for last five years. She has paid no rent and only paid her bills for last year. Moved boyfrind in wiithout permission. Now I am home and she is abusive, disrespectful, lazy and refusing to pay her way. She has...

View more questions Search