Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    marineguy13's Avatar
    marineguy13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 19, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Will I get discharged for disorderly conduct?
    My friends egged a house of my buddy's ex girlfriend and I was with them and involved. I threw eggs as well and am going to receive a disorderly conduct ticket (misdomener). Will this get me discharged? I am in the delayed entry program currently and waiting to go to boot camp. Also I am enlisted in the Marine Corps
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

    Jun 19, 2012, 09:23 AM
    Yes, it might. Ask your recruiter.
    ITstudent2006's Avatar
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

    Aug 9, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Talk to your recruiter. He/she should know!

    On a sidenote: You're joining the worlds elite fighting force and you're egging houses? Hopefully you learn a valuable lesson here. One thing you have to remember when joining the beloved Corp. is that when you get into trouble you can get charged on a civil level and by the UCMJ. Learn your lessons now, because once you wear that EGA, you are held to higher standards and being so will also be held to a higher level of consequences.

    Start acting like a Marine now and keep your nose clean. You'll do all right. Keep me updated!
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Aug 9, 2012, 07:28 PM
    I don't see the marines wanting you at this point, egging houses and soon using some of the nations most advanced weapons,?

    You need to talk to your recruiter and report this and deal with it.
    ITstudent2006's Avatar
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

    Aug 9, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Another thing to keep in mind is that misdeameanors were never that sever in the past for joinign the Marine Corp. Now-a-days is a different story because of the cut-down in Marine numbers. They are more picky and can/will eliminate those subject to trouble to keep in quota with lowering numbers.
    Strength89's Avatar
    Strength89 Posts: 72, Reputation: 24
    Junior Member

    Jan 25, 2013, 12:43 AM
    Correction, you are not enlisted in the Marine Corps. You have not earned the right to be considered enlisted unless you successfully completed boot camp. Being in DEP is completely different from being in the service.

    With that said, I hope you learned your lesson. I HIGHLY recommend you talk to your recruiter, be honest, accept responsibility and see what you can do or have to do to correct your actions.

    If you are dropped from DEP, please take it as a life lesson that doing such things while in the process of committing to our armed forces is not acceptable.

    I wish you luck and I wish that your have a good recruiter who will fight for you if you are considered "unfit."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disorderly Conduct [ 3 Answers ]

I received a disorderly conduct - public intoxication in Chicago. I am twenty-five and from out of town so I have no previous record in IL. I do have a public intoxication in IA but its been about 7 years. Could I get jail time for this? Should I hire a lawyer? Or would it just be best to show...

Disorderly conduct [ 3 Answers ]

Will disorderly conduct stops you from getting a job in most places?could you join the military?or become a state employee?

Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

I've read through and have found contradicting information about this offense so figured I would be better off to just ask. A year and a half ago I was north of chicago off 90 misplaced my wallet at an oasis and while inside was bumped into. I had already had a bad day and reached for my wallet to...

Disorderly conduct [ 1 Answers ]

I receive a ticket for disordery conduct and been loud. Would this appear on my record. Because I never been arest before or ant charges

Haunted by a Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

Will a Disorderly Conduct (Violation) sealed by the court prevent me from working for specifically for a bank? Or any other types of employment? Also, will my fingerprints show up (the bank is requiring that I submit them) - they were confirmed by the city/county that they were destroyed &...

View more questions Search