Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madre_de_tres Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Just a bit curious.
    I think the baby has dropped and would like to know how long after the baby drops do you have the baby? I am scheduled for a c-section on September 26th, but when I went to the doctor on the 12th the doctor felt my pelvic area and said yup that's definitely a head... so I was am just curious... I want it to be over so bad, and as awful as that sounds... I have just been through too much lately and want it to get better...
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2008, 04:25 AM
    Is this your first pregnancy? Sometimes baby will drop in the last few weeks, but it doesn't mean too much really. You could go into labor before Sept 26 or you might not. Many babies will be head down by 34 weeks, and even more by 36. It is a sign that things are starting to prepare but there's still a wide range for normal delivery. The last several weeks are sometimes the most challenging... do what you can to pamper yourself and prepare.

Aug 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
    No actually this is my third Baby, and the reason I say I am scheduled for a c-section is because it will be a repeat c-section. You see I was 2 weeks overdue with my first child so they induced and when a contraction would come the heart rate would go down so I have been one of the few lucky ones that have yet to feel contractions :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2008, 02:46 AM
    With subsequent babies it is anyone's guess... :) Sometimes they will drop a few weeks before, other times they won't drop until labor is already underway. If you went into labor before your scheduled c-section, some doctors would be fine with letting you go for a vbac, even after a couple of previous surgeries, other's would not and would just have you come in and do the surgery in the early stages of labor. Have you discussed what your doctor would have you do if you started labor on your own?
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2008, 03:06 AM
    Hi when I was pregnant my baby was down for 4 weeks before she actually arrived and even then I was overdue.I think the baby can come at anytime really but just because the head has dropped doesn't mean it'll be anytime soon.GOOD LUCK with it all

Aug 26, 2008, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    With subsequent babies it is anyone's guess....:) Sometimes they will drop a few weeks before, other times they won't drop until labor is already underway. If you went into labor before your scheduled c-section, some doctors would be fine with letting you go for a vbac, even after a couple of previous surgeries, other's would not and would just have you come in and do the surgery in the early stages of labor. Have you discussed what your doctor would have you do if you started labor on your own?
    I just had a baby 1 year ago and the doctor told me I have to have a c-section because it has been too close and the worry of the scar splitting is worrying him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm curious [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering, can you still become (PREG) after being on the shot for 2months?:confused:

Just curious [ 19 Answers ]

I'm kind of curious as to how the women here feel about performing oral sex. The only references I have are some shady surveys that say most women love it. I don't expect that to be 100% true, I'm just curious as to how REAL women feal about it.

Just curious... [ 1 Answers ]

Aloha! I'm new to this site and posted a reply earlier... But I guess it will be easier to post here... My name is Jeannie BD: 11/4/74, my husband Jeff BD: 11/5/75, and my daughter Noel BD: 2/3/99. I am just curious about what is generally ahead for us in the next year. I read Tarot and am...

View more questions Search