Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca74 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jul 27, 2007, 11:38 PM
    New School
    Im moving this year and I'm going into 7th grade in a new middle school! And the school is huge I'm afriad I might not fit in... what should I do to make friends?
    jocafer13 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2007, 02:08 AM
    This is the usual question one has to face when being a newbie at a new school.

Just be yourself(like from you last school years) and you'll find friends that will perfectly suit you. Do not act like someone else because it will definitely bring more complications in the future.
    simian Posts: 43, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2007, 09:17 AM
    I am a middle school counselor, and in the school where I work, we usually pair new students up with someone to take them around, introduce them to people, etc. Generally this is someone who has the same lunch period as the new student, so the new person already has someone to sit with right away on their first day. Your new school may have a system like this, and you can always call a few days before school starts and ask if you could be paired up with someone on the first day.

Even if you aren't able to get paired up with someone, you will probably be fine- generally middle schoolers are pretty friendly, so you will probably have people coming up to you and introducing themselves right away. And you can always take the initiative to introduce yourself to them, too!

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

New school [ 8 Answers ]

Ive just moved school,where the education is great,but the problem is everyone at my school are bullies,I find it very difficult to make friends,and the teachers don't do anything about it!! Ive told my parents but they just want me to have a good education,so I can't move school,what should I...

5th School in 9 years, 3rd school in 5 years . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I have a few questions about visitation and Bio mom moving to yet another school district. 1. Bio mom has convinced oldest SD that money is more important than family, we have tried to get her to come home over the last two years... she refuses and BM does not make her( cops won't follow...

About School [ 2 Answers ]

I happened to be very aggressive most of the time in school I mean just by someone looking at me it seeems to me like I got to do somethng about it because its going to hurt me and this has gotten me to be very popular in school with students and staff I mean students like me cause I won't beat up...

View more questions Search