Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wazzaguy Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 2, 2012, 06:02 PM
    I want to ask out this 6th grader but I'm in 7th grade?
    Do you think it would be awkward? He's white, I only go for white guys, even though I'm Mexican. I don't know I just feel attracted to them? What would my friends think of me? Should I ask him out? I know he wants something from me. I just don't want like my grade to freak the freak out. At least let me heal and worry about him since my last relationship was a MESS!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 06:23 PM
    If your parents agree that you can date, and his parents agree that he can date, than ask him out. If you really care about him it shouldn't matter what anyone says, aside from your parents, their word is law.

You can date if both your parents say yes, but dating means holding hands, going to a movie, studying. No sexual contact. I mention that because you wrote "I know he wants something from me". What could he want? What are you 12? He's 11? What could he possibly want? You're both kids!

Bottom line, if mom and dad say no, it won't matter what you want. The law is the law.
    dawnfrye32 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2012, 10:56 AM
    You are so young. Please take it slow... It does seem like a very good idea to ask your parents there opinion as far as dating and race. It is respectful to obey your parents rules. It is good to keepyour relationship with your parents honest and open. Try bringing it up to them... You can see were they stand and open the lines of communication. Don't worry about your friends because true friends won't judge that. Good luck, and enjoy childhood!!
    xTiffanyx Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Nov 3, 2012, 11:10 AM
    I think you should't care what other people think you should always listen to your heart and PARENTS so if your parents approved then it's OK. Just remember is what your heart desires people who touch your heart will always be with you!
    <3 <3 <3

Hope this helps
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 3, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnfrye32 View Post
    You are so young. Please take it slow..... It does seem like a very good idea to ask your parents there opinion as far as dating and race. It is respectful to obey your parents rules. It is good to keepyour relationship with your parents honest and open. Try bringing it up to them... You can see were they stand and open the lines of communication. Dont worry about your friends because true friends wont judge that. Good luck, and enjoy childhood!!!
    You make it sound like she has the option to ask her parents, and that you highly suggest that she does, not that she has to have her parents permission, which is the actual case here.

Also, I'd like to ask about this part of your post "ask your parents there opinion as far as dating and race". Race? She's not asking to date an ape, she's asking to date a boy. There's only on race when it comes to people, and that's the human race.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader [ 1 Answers ]

So, I knew this guy in my cross country team. He's an 8th grader and I'm a 7th grader. I know, a year difference. He always seems to stare at me all the time whenever we're stretching , running or even jogging. Like he stare at me 24/7. One time, we have picture day, and I was not wearing my...

View more questions Search