Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CLB1977 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Is there A helpful person out there
    I am 30 years old with an 12 yr old little boy. The "sperm donor" wants nothing to do with him or admit that he is even his. Well that is not my problem. I am married and been with the same man for almost 12 yrs in march. And I am not sure how I can get where I need to be with him adopting him. He loves him and I want to do this . Just don't know how to , I am a waitress and u can't make the money like that to afford it... Can anyone help me?? And he is upset with me thinking that I don't want him to... SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE:(
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Feb 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
    There should be a local citizens advice office in your town. Or if not maybe there is a free legal aid office. I'd start with those. If not try going to the social services and finnd out what's available. Alternatively search on the internet.

Adoption has to go through courts, but may not necessarily be expensive.

Good Luck.

Feb 2, 2007, 09:11 AM
    I have been reading some of the peoples questions on here. One of them caught my eye. Could I change my sons last name to my married name? Since my sons last name is my maiden name. I don't know if it makes a difference either but I don't have his "father" on his birth cerf. I know that wouldn't give him any legal rights, unless I have a will stating otherwise.

Thank you for helping .
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:28 AM
    While I can't speak for every state, yes you should,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:32 AM
    I seldom give out this info, but you can get all the forms and have a para legal do the work for step parent adoption, assuming the bio father agrees to sign the paperwork, it is not a hard process.

You may want to check out

Child Adoption | Step Parent Adoption | Domestic Adoption

Feb 2, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Thank you . This has been a big issue on my mind. Thank you again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Helpful Books [ 6 Answers ]

I thought I had seen this posted before but couldn't find it in a search. Anyone know where to possibly download free copies of "the system" by the love doc or "double your dating" by david deangelo? I looked on relationships.blog-city.com but couldn't find them there. Thanks

Is henna helpful? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Prettylady, Thanku very much for yr advice. I'm going to color my hair black... I just want to know whether I can use,henna permanent dye? And I also want to know will it stay black till my hair grows out?? Thanks Sumana

Helpful Mother [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, I am writing for some advice perhaps. My wife and I have been married for almost 5 years and we have a great marriage but there's one problem to speak of. My mother... Now, I know my mom loves us and loves me and I am not disrespecting my mother or anything because she...

View more questions Search