Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juscrago Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Apr 10, 2009, 06:54 PM
    Are women attracted to men who are good with children
    If a man is good with children, will that stand out a lot? Say the man isn't all that attractive in appearance but is good with children. Would that compensate a little for his appearance?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 06:57 PM

Appearance is not that important really, some people are shallow but most care about the person,

Being good with children is only a good thing for women with, or women who want children, and then only if your way of being good agrees with their way of being good
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2009, 07:07 PM

If the woman herself is a loving mom and cares about a great guy for her children then yes that is often most important to the woman.
    If she is shallow and all about herself then more than likely she will not care that the guy would make a great dad for her kids.
    There is also personality to consider and all too. Like some great guys are clingy or obnoxious or have some little quirks about them that a girl just can't get past. So great personality is a plus too.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 07:08 PM
    You are attempting to take a specific attribute and expand it into a general rule all nice and logical like. Some women may have a general checklist for attributes like honesty, a job, car, or hair, but the specific items aren't universal; even guys in prison have girlfriends. Women feel stuff, if the rest of your attributes makes her feel good to be around you, you're set. If you want to work on some aspect of yourself, work on your confidence. Your question indicates self-consciousness regarding your appearance. Your body language consequently is probably uncomfortable and you're emanating a bad vibe.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
    What good is being great with children going to do you on a date? You better have a back up plan, or bring a child along with you if you want to impress a female with that fact about yourself. Naw, on second thought, that may pizz her off a bit.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:33 PM

There's no magical answer for this question. Each woman has her own little checklist of desirable qualities. You can take 10 women that have the same items on their list and even then no 2 will probably rank them the same.

As for this kid-friendly quality compensating for premature balding or a pudgy midsection, well most mature women don't expect the everyday fella to look like Adonis. A mature woman desires character over looks.
    Janmarie Posts: 167, Reputation: 46

Apr 11, 2009, 03:07 AM

If a woman loved football and was extremely good at sports but wasn't what you considered hot, would you be attracted to her? There are several attributes in a person that automatically attract us to one another and it has nothing to do with a checklist. It is something that happens naturally and effortlessly. What I find most attractive in man I am dating besides the initial physical attraction is how confident he is in himself. Confidence is very attractive.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 11, 2009, 03:37 AM
    Looks have nothing to do with substance.

If someone judges you on how you measure up to a centrefold, then it is they who are shallow and not worth your time.

Relationships based on physical appearance is one of the lowest categories on the list in my opinion.

Humour, reliability, honesty, integrity, intelligence, and the ability to carry on a conversation and be interested in the world around him/her, says far more than what the package is wrapped with.

Ones that pass you by for physical consideration such as height, weight, good-lookingness (if that's a word lol), are doing you a favour really. The sooner they're gone, the sooner one with a brain will come along.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2009, 12:06 PM

I'm single,and I have children,I've never gone for looks,my past dating history is proof of that,however,there was always something about that person that attracted me,but,they never ever got to meet my kids.the relationships fizzled out before it got that far.

Unless now you have your eye on someone and she knows you well enough for you to be around her kids.. if not, being good with children is not going to be enough.. smart,intelligent,witty, sincere all go a long way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not gay, but I think I'm attracted to women differently from other men? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not gay, because I find women very attractive, but I've learned I don't see women as most men do. Most men seem obsessed with physical attractiveness. I like to see a pretty girl for sure, but I get more pleasure out of an emotional bonding than I think I would in a physical, sexual bonding. ...

Why am I only attracted to White Women [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 18 years old Mixed Race Ghana/England Have grown up in England and Africa but just wondering why since I was 13 I am only attracted to white women I have only had white girlfriends... and If I Black women etc or Asian shows any Interest etc I become very uncomfortable and unfriendly if...

Good article men vs. Women [ 0 Answers ]

ENLIGHTENING RELATIONSHIPS Vive La Difference! By Carol Allen Published: 09/29/2006 Send This Article To a Friend "Why can't a woman be more like a man?" asks the protagonist in the Broadway hit, "My Fair Lady." Most women sing a similar tune all day, asking, "Why can't a...

Dating and Children (about women) [ 5 Answers ]

I've been dating quite a few women lately and my relationships last from 1-20+/- days. All my past GF's say that I'm a great guy but they don't want to date someone who doesn't want children. Personally I really really don't want children (till I'm very old) since I've seen how much of your life...

View more questions Search