Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverblue8691 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Trusting someone?
    So I have cut myself for over 2 years, and I occasionally go through suicidal phases, my question is who can I talk to. I'm 16 so I can still be sent to an institution against my consent, and my therapist has to tell my parents if I am a danger to myself. I just want someone to talk to without people saying "you have to do better or you will have to go to the hospital for a while". I guess I'm just angry about everything because I am the girl everyone goes to for advice, I ALWAYS have the answers, but I can't even help myself. Sometimes I feel so worthless...
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Why do you feel so bad? Is there a specific reason you feel worthless? I can guarantee you that although you may feel like you are not a worthwhile person, you definitely are!

Mar 19, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Logically I know I'm not worthless, but emotionally I can't help it. I have been arguing with my friends and family lately. Im just frustrated, it's like I'm 16 and my life is falling apart. I'm on antidepressants AND anti anxiety medications and it still doesn't help that much, Im terrified that I will do badly in school because of my depression and get stuck in this stupid little town in the middle of nowhere, just like my parents...
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Have you talked to your doctor about your medications? If your antidepressants are not helping, they may be making you feel worse.

I was in exactly the same situation you are at 16, living in a 2-bit town with my parents, who weren't exactly what I'd called successes. Now, as an early adult, I am struggling to put myself through college and survive day to day and pay the bills, it is stressful as well, but I know that I will get through it, one day at a time. What you should do is tell yourself that you can become successful, and then find something that you enjoy or are particularly good at, and let yourself indulge a bit. Come back and chat with us if you are feeling bad!

Mar 19, 2008, 10:10 PM
    That's the problem... my moms a doctor so she is Successful... but she wants to be a rural doctor because she was raised in a poor family and had to make her own way... I just don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere... how can I beat that? How did you get out. I mean I'm homeschooling so I can take harder classes. This year I am taking 5 AP courses 3 honors courses and 2 electives... I try so hard but I worry it won't be enough...

Mar 19, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Well the medicine does make me feel better... just not as much as it used to, its like I'm still deteriorating the meds just slow down the process
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 10:29 PM
    I actually am attending college right now, paying my own way, because my parents won't help me, my father is a drug addict and an alcoholic and abused me throughout my life, and my mother is struggling as well and can't help me as much as she wishes she could. What I did was just went out, started looking for jobs, and enrolled in classes. It is hard but I have to get by every day, just take today and don't stress out about yesterday, but plan for tomorrow, don't just worry about it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Also, if your meds are helping but are not helping as much as you used to, ask your doctor to reevaluate and perhaps they can adjust them a little or change them to help you some more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best Friends/trusting [ 3 Answers ]

I have finally found a best friend that I haven't had for over 25 years and she has some issues with depression . Since I haven't had a friend in over 25 years because of my home life I want this to work and feel like my friend is like a sister and my best friend . She has had a man in her life...

Trusting someone [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am currently dating someone who I care for dearly and would do anything for in a drop of dime. But I am having a hard time dealing with trusting him, he is good to me. He always home and works real hard to provide for me, but he has an issue with the Internet, came across an issue when he...

Neel Help Trusting my girlfriend [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know what's wrong with, I have been having this problem for long time I don't seems to be trust me girlfriend. I have been with her for 3yrs or so.. I'm her frist boyfriend ever.. n stuff. But I'm so afraid of she cheatin on me or so.. I so don't trust her what so ever.. I get so suspicous...

My girlfriend has trouble trusting me. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I've been dating this girl for almost half a year now. Everything is going great. The only thing is that she has a trust issue. Many of her girlfriends or other wmen that she knows were either cheated by their boyfriends or were divorced by their husand(it's the husband fault)after many years...

Trusting hubby with his ex-wife [ 15 Answers ]

My husband has a son that lives with his girlfriend on the east coast. That son is graduating next month from college. My husband and his ex and their other teenage son are all going out there for the graduation. We can't afford another ticket for me to go. Besides the son hates me, blames me...

View more questions Search