Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terellowens Posts: 123, Reputation: 9

Jan 31, 2008, 04:37 AM
    Why am I only attracted to White Women
    Hi I am 18 years old Mixed Race Ghana/England
    Have grown up in England and Africa but just wondering why since I was 13 I am only attracted to white women I have only had white girlfriends... and If I Black women etc or Asian shows any Interest etc I become very uncomfortable and unfriendly if they become flirtacious etc! Why is this.

I am not racist or anything but I would like an answer to this.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Which race is your Mum and which race is your Dad? How are your feelings to both of them? How much time did you spend in Africa and did you enjoy it there? Have you ever been bullied and if so by who and why? Have you ever had any other caregivers i.e. a nanny, what race were they and did you like them?

These might help answer :)

EDIT just a thought- do you read magasines? Are most of the women who are in it that are 'beautiful' are also white. The fashion industry doesn't have a lot of black models anymore, the fashion industries view of beauty is based on what a white caucasian woman looks like- even in countries with large black populations such as Brazil. Women who win beauty pagents around the world always compete on the western (and white) ideals of beauty. Go look at the skin whitening section of this forum (I hate it by the way) and you will see how ladies of colour have been made to feel dark is somehow ugly and wrong by the soceities we live in. It's disgusting, but who is to say it only affects women and it can't affect the way a young man has been brought up to view who is beautiful.

If you have constantly had this image of beauty reinforced through advertising and the media who can blame you to develop the preferences you have?

IngentaConnect Race and Beauty: A Comparison of Asian and Western Models in Wome...

More EDITs- this has really got me interested! It seems western (white) women are more often used in advertising in 'sexy' and provocative poses...
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 09:32 AM
    I Have had interracial relationships and I am white. But I will only date girls with dark hair. I am just not attracted to blonds nothing against blonds just not my thing.

It doesn't sound like you are a racist cause you sound kind of bothered by the fact that you only date white girls. Do you have any family or friends that maybe are not racist, but think they will look down on you because you are dating someone of a different race?

Jan 31, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Which race is your Mum and which race is your Dad? How are your feelings to both of them? How much time did you spend in Africa and did you enjoy it there? Have you ever been bullied and if so by who and why? Have you ever had any other caregivers ie a nanny, what race were they and did you like them?

These might help answer :)

EDIT just a thought- do you read magasines? Are most of the women who are in it that are 'beautiful' are also white. The fashion industry doesn't have a lot of black models anymore, the fashion industries view of beauty is based on what a white caucasian woman looks like- even in countries with large black populations such as Brazil. Women who win beauty pagents around the world always compete on the western (and white) ideals of beauty. Go look at the skin whitening section of this forum (I hate it by the way) and you will see how ladies of colour have been made to feel dark is somehow ugly and wrong by the soceities we live in. It's disgusting, but who is to say it only affects women and it can't affect the way a young man has been brought up to view who is beautiful.

If you have constantly had this image of beauty reinforced through advertising and the media who can blame you to develope the preferences you have?

IngentaConnect Race and Beauty: A Comparison of Asian and Western Models in Wome...

more EDITs- this has really got me interested! It seems western (white) women are more often used in advertising in 'sexy' and provocative poses...
    My Father is Irish/English my mother is Ghanaian
    I like both my parents equally but slightly edge towards my mother more as I can tell her anything without getting her angry.

Lived in Africa 8 years and England 10 Years obviously had a preference for England but that was because I have more friends here

Never bullied.

Had a Black Female nanny and White Male both nice both liked only 5-7 so can't really remember

I don't know its just weird I guess but that's how I am I can talk with black girls etc as long as they don't start anything or become flirtacious.

Jan 31, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    I Have had interracial relationships and I am white. But I will only date girls with dark hair. I am just not attracted to blonds nothing against blonds just not my thing.

It doesn't sound like you are a racist cause you sound kind of bothered by the fact that you only date white girls. Do you have any family or friends that maybe are not racist, but think they will look down on you because you are dating someone of a different race?

No I don't have that issue with people going to look down on me its only my immediate family who is around me the rest are in other countries and even if they did have a problem it would not affect me :)

I don't know I just want answer not really a remedy as I am not looking to change just want to know why I am not attracted to black women
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Some people like heavy women, some like blondes, some like tall, some like white, some like black.

Sort of what ever makes you tick. I prefer dark skin ladies, but then that is me
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Just sounds like a random preference to me based on the information given.
    Here's an ego boost for yourself though- you probably have top notch genes!
    Psychology Today: Mixed Race, Pretty Face?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Darlin, you just are!

Just like we can't really explain gravity - yes, yes, what goes up must come down... but seriously, can we really explain it? It happens because it happens. You're attracted to white women simply because you are. There is no answer other than that.

(Alright, all right, physics professors and scientists can explain gravity... but, just go with the analogy! ;) )
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 31, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Honey, don't feel bad. It's just what you are attracted to. You obviously aren't racist in any way, so don't worry. It's just like some people love how redheads look or the way I seem to go for guys with curly hair. Everyone has their own look they are attracted to.
    MasuBhat Posts: 128, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2008, 04:57 AM
    It's normal!. you'r intrested in only blondies?. that's really normal I tell you.. you don't have to like all sking coloured girls to be normal.. only one colour is also acceptiable.
    So don't worry.
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Try going out with a LATINA... im one and I'm sure to say that they will spice up your life... did I mention they know how to show you a good time... Gud Luck on that and know it doesn't matter who your with or where she comes from.
    BeAMole Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Hello,

I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will be in a box and it will state ON THE COVER that it has KOJIC acid. Do not use just any Palmers/Skin Success most of them have just hydroquinone. You need hydroquinone but in conjunction with kojic acid to speed up result. My results have been amazing for achieving an even tone. For two months I used kojic acid alone, and saw good results. (Mind you, this was on my face not hand, but skin is skin). For 3 days I have been doing the opjic regimine WITH the glycolic cream 10%. AMAZING RESULTS! Freaking amazing. My skin is so smooth. The glycolic acid sloshes off dead skin cells at amout 25% faster than normal rate! Skin cells usually flake off about once every 27-28 days. You will peel slightly but it will reveal younger, more radiant skin. Trust me.

Products I use:

Glycolic Acid Cream- 10%- from GNC or Amazon.com. I wnt list the product because I have tried several and as long as you get 10% or higher it will work, regardles of carrier. If you are intereseted in who I use: here you go: Reviva. It is strong so go lightly at first. YOU DO NOT WAS OFF! Just rub in.

Kojic Acid: Palmers Skin Success from Walmart

Here is my regimen. Morning and Night.

Wash face with Clean and Clear Blackhead Removal Wash
    Rub in glycolic acid (lightly... it make take 1-4 days for skin to get used to strength)
    Wait 2-3 minutes
    Rub in Kojic Acid
    It will definitely tingle and sting, but a dermatologist told me that the acid is penetating the layers of skin cells and "ungluing" the cells, allowing them to lift off.

PLEASE TRY THIS ONCE LADIES, you will love yourselves and your beautiful skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not gay, but I think I'm attracted to women differently from other men? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not gay, because I find women very attractive, but I've learned I don't see women as most men do. Most men seem obsessed with physical attractiveness. I like to see a pretty girl for sure, but I get more pleasure out of an emotional bonding than I think I would in a physical, sexual bonding. ...

Why am I attracted to someone else? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and we just had our first child 6 months ago but in the last couple of months I've been getting really close with one of the guys I work with but to a point where I feel strongly attracted to him. Nothing has happened between the 2 of us and he doesn't talk...

Is he not attracted to me? [ 2 Answers ]

Every since we moved in together he doesn't seem to be interested in having sex. He is in law school and has a lot of studying to do but I don't know how much of that has to do with anything. When we talk about it he says that since he has me next to him all the time he is satisfied. Also I went...

Attracted or not [ 20 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone please shed some light on this. I am 34 years of age and for the past year I have had my eyes set on this younger women, she's around 22 years old. We saw at the gym around 1 year ago, we looked at a few times from a distance, each time I looked, she was looking back, the feeling...

View more questions Search