Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbeautiful Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Sleeping hours.
    My baby was sleeping great hours. He would go to bed at around 11 pm and wake up 9 am. It went on from when he was about 6 months till recently. He has just turned one. Now he is going to bed at 9 pm, waking up at 3 am then not going to bed till noon. What the hell's going on? :mad:
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Unfortunately a kids sleep schedule is one of the most common things to cause us parents the biggest confusion, and lack of patience along with the lack of sleep. Every kid is different. As kids grow and change, so does everything about them.sleep schedule, eating preferences, attitudes, anxieties and strengths, learning jumps, etc. its not uncommon for a baby who has slept great, to start sleeping badly, or vice versa. Its just a phase. The important thing, is to try to be patient, and at the same time make sure that you don't enforce certain behaviors. For example, when he wakes up, try not to talk to or hold him, just make sure he knows you are there for him. Other wise he will begin to get into the habit of waking up just to see you and play with you. Also try not to put him down with a bottle... if you must, make sure it is water in the bottle and not milk or juice. Its so hard, I know. I'm going through it with my 6 month old right now, and I remember how hard it was with my 3 year old too. But in the end,its important for them to figure out how to put themselves back to sleep. Just hang in there, and eventually their sleep schedule always pans out. If you are concerned or need tips, talk to your child's physician. Good luck!
    justbeautiful Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Yes, pretty much the answer I expected. There is no real passable answer. The only thing is... I don't bottle feed, I breastfeed and cosleep w the baby. If you are putting your baby down in a crib I suggest cosleeping. But anyway... patience and time... I guess... it just happened out of the blue. What a drastic change of sleeping hours!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Yep, that's kiddos for you. They change with the blink of an eye. Got to keep us parents on our toes I guess. ;0)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Workloads and Hours [ 1 Answers ]

As I have said before, I am a first year attorney. “Technically” we are scheduled to work 9-5 with an hour for lunch. Those hours are sort of just the times that you *must* be working, if that makes any sense. They’re almost like guidelines. If I have court in the morning I will start much...

Hours [ 1 Answers ]

How many days a week do you work and how many hours are you typically working :eek:

Fourteen Hours [ 1 Answers ]

In 14 hours (1951) Agnes Moorehead tries to talk would be suicide Richard Basehart off a ledge by suggesting a vacation to what town?

Barking for 5 hours [ 7 Answers ]

We have a 1 and half year old rat terrier/wolf mix. I know what you're thinking. How in the?? The people we got the dog from certainly didn't plan on this litter of puppies! Anyway, she's bigger than a rat terrier but nowhere close to wolf size. She has really short fur so she gets cold easily. So...

View more questions Search