Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mounteajade Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2005, 09:15 PM
    Seeking Help for My Mother and Her Friend
    My mother's friend, I'll call her Betty here, is very bossy and demanding. She is losing her temper, losing all logic, and thus losing her family and friends.
    A few months ago, during an argument between she and her husband, he told her that he had started seeing someone else.
    Yes, we all pitied her. But now, I am very angry at her and pity her husband much more. Her husband agreed to stop seeing the girl, but she would not let this go. She wants revenge, revenge on the girl!
    Being her best friend, my mother is miserable and disturbed by how Betty has changed And how Betty keeps calling my mother about this matter and bosses my mother to help her in her revenge. My mother tried to calm her down. My mother tried to reason with her, telling her to use this time to amend her relationship with her husband instead of seeking useless revenge.
    Betty would not listen.
    Betty would not listen to anyone about anything that is different from her own.
    Betty is making her whole family - her husband, her 2 children- and my mother (her only friend left) very miserable.
    My mother tried to persuade her to see a psychologist, but OF Course, She would not Listen~

She thinks everything is everyone else's fault. She never stops to think about how she can improve herself.
    She is violent to her children; and Argues with Everyone who might disagree with her.

How can my mother help Betty?
    How can I help my mother to not get trapped in Betty's misery?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2005, 04:48 AM
    Mother's friend
    Hi,
    Personally, I would talk with your Mom, and explain to her that she has done all she can. Does your Mom get out much? Go to Church? See different people during the week? Or weekends?
    She really needs to be with others, to help get this mess with her friend off her mind.
    In fact, she needs to possibly stop talking with this "friend" before she gets pulled down with her.
    The same thing happened to one of my best friends. She and this other woman were "high school" best friends. Now, 40 yrs later, they finally went their separate ways... just too much difference in attitudes.
    Your Mom would be much, much better off, not talking with, or even seeing this person, Betty, anymore. It's no wonder Betty has only your Mom now for a "friend". It's possible that if your Mom could come to not communicating with Betty anymore, it might wake Betty up to the fact that something is really wrong with her; and with her attitudes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

UK F1- seeking help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am going to be on OPT soon and had the following Questions: 1) In ths US , as an international student do I pay the same taxes as the nationals do ? And if so am I taxed in the following manner: Federal Tax State Tax Local

Seeking help for a "friend"... [ 11 Answers ]

Hi my name's Ann and I just had a question about a special person in my life. He was in a very committed relationship for about 5 years and they were engaged. He has told me that she was the only person that he really cared about and loved very much. They have been broken up for months now but I...

View more questions Search