Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tk12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Had a miscarrage 2 weeks ago, how long do I have to wait before I start trying to become pregnant again... I can still see a little bit of dark brown when I wipe.. is it safe to start having sex again or should I wait for another few weeks.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Did you go to the doctor when you had this miscarriage, is that how you knew you were miscarrying? The best advice you can get on this subject is from your doctor. You'll need to be sure that everything has completely passed, and there is nothing left over inside, as this can bring on infection. I think the basic consensus is that (if everything checks out ok) you can start having sex once all the bleeding has stopped and all has passed, however you should use condoms for two months (two normal periods) before trying to conceive again. However, doctors will all have their own opinions on how soon, for sex/conception, depending a lot on your medical history and current status, etc. so your doctor is the best person to consult.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Yes I was told 3 months, but some doctors say wait a month. You need to give your body time to heal reagardless... it was no simple thing that just happened.
    ajhudgins Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Aug 2, 2007, 01:29 PM
    I had a miscarriage Nov of 2002 my doctor told me to wait 3 months so I did to the date and BAM got pregnant in Feb 2003 and had my boy nov 2003 exactly a year from my miscarriage!! Your body needs time to recover!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do I wait? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating a girl for about 4 months. We knew each other from work. She had told me that she had a crush on me from the first day she met me. We are both 27. About 3 1/2 weeks ago she told me that she still cares a lot about me but she just can't do this right now. I excepted her...

How long should it wait [ 1 Answers ]

I adopt my nephew. How long should I wait to the petition of my nephew to come here to usa? Thanks

How long should I wait [ 2 Answers ]

I had my tubes done over 10 years and never had any problems.my doctor had cautioned me on ECTOPIC PREGENTCIES. How evrer this is the first time I had to even consider this as I am as regular as clock worg, at the time my period is due I can all most guess right down to the second the begin. This...

How long should I wait? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to conceive since sept and have been tracking my cycles. My cycle sept - oct was 26 days, Oct - Nov was 29 days, and I have not gotten my period this month yet. Today is the 33rd day, and still no sign of my period. I took a hpt Sunday and it was negative, and an...

View more questions Search