Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    staceyg1318 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2014, 02:12 PM
    Some sperm have no tails what does this mean?
    What does it mean when some sperm have tails and others do not? How does that effect trying to have a baby? What should be done if anything?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 02:42 PM
    It probably means you have a low spermatozoa count. Those little devils can't swim up fast with no tails. Talk to your doctor who initiated the test.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2014, 03:04 PM
    It is normal to have some without tails. A large number of sperm often have some sort of issue with their appearance which is the "morphology" that is looked at in an analysis. In most cases, it won't necessarily be an issue for obtaining pregnancy since usually plenty of the other sperm are healthy enough to do the job. Count, as tickle mentioned, is looked at, and their sense of direction (how well they move= motility) are just a couple of other considerations for sperm and reproductive health.

Checking for ways to improve overall health is thought to help improve sperm health as well. As tickle said, speaking to the doctor about possible changes that may be beneficial would be wise.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 16, 2014, 05:12 PM
    The issue is total sperm court, when the doctor was doing this testing, what did they say. Also, there are many things, from life style, to foods, and more, that can improve sperm health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why are sperm tails lost before the heads? [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other forensically significant proteins?

Docked tails [ 4 Answers ]

Why do they dock (or cut) The tails on brittany pups?

Dog tails [ 1 Answers ]

Why do jack russel tails curl up showing there bum wholes when walking?

Fish without tails [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Zach and my teacher and I have a big problem. Our fish keep dying, but not just of any death they have been dying without tails. My teacher has never heard of this before so we we wondering if anyone could tell us what is going on.

Sperm tails and sperm heads [ 1 Answers ]

Why is that sperm tails are lost before the heads? Also do heads last longer than other significant proteins like p30?

View more questions Search